Rolling Road Day - AmD Thurrock

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Select all the Sunday's in February you can Attend!

• 1st

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • 8th

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • 15th

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • 22nd

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

grayfox

Drumming up interest for a Rolling Road Shoot out day at AmD in Thurrock, Essex.

All makes of car welcome.

As you can see below I've enquired already and been given some good info.

Never had a car on the rollers and even for standard pumas it would be interesting to see how many ponies have left our old girls. Could also compare mods to see the real difference things like headwork, exhausts, cams make.

So who would be interested? (minimum 10 required)

1) Neil - me
2) Adam + 2 mates 3) 4)
5) Dal
6) Aaron
7) Spike
8 ) russv
9) trueblue

Currently 1st February is leading the poll and will obviously go for the Sunday that the majority of us can make.

if you want to be mag featured you need at least 12 cars, just keep away from power engineering as they are useless nowadays

Not bothered about it being featured, but would be pretty ace, reckon a mag would want at least a couple of n/a or turbo'd monsters thrown in though.

I was thinking AMD in thurrock off the top of my head.

Good setup at AMD Thurrock - had my Focus ST on their rollers.

Ok someone at AmD's getting back to me tomorrow with details of a club day on their rollers, any other interest in this from people? Looking at mid - late January.

Recieved a response from Ben @ AmD!

Good Morning Neil,

Thank you for your enquiry.

We would be more than happy to accommodate your club for rolling road shoot out day. We run Rolling Road days on Sundays only, the minimum requirement is 10 cars (max of 30ish) and the price is £35 per car for 2 runs with a laminated print out. Our usual price for rolling road runs is £72.00 inc vat. We always put on free tea, coffee and biscuits but if you have a guaranteed over 20 cars we also put on a free BBQ too. If it rains we BBQ in the workshop, so nice hot food whatever the weather. We start at 9am.

We don't have a diary for next year as of yet and will be taking bookings for new year, at the end of November, start of December.

Same cost as a few years back when I went - it's a decent place and you can drop the Mrs off at Ikea round the corner for the day :eek:k:

Would a piece of old German Bavarian tat be allowed along?

Dal said:
Same cost as a few years back when I went - it's a decent place and you can drop the Mrs off at Ikea round the corner for the day :eek:k:

Would a piece of old German Bavarian tat be allowed along?

No.

Hahah yea course.

Very interested in coming along, would depend on the date as I will be on holiday at one point within the new year.

Would it be worth asking how much they would charge for the BBQ if the number of people was under the required number?

The Puma was "born" in Germany i suppose.. :lol:

When you decide on a date I'll move the thread to the corresponding month in the meets section.

If we get close to 20 I'm sure I could drum up a few more people from other forums. Could also bring Cherie's Fiesta or even the Thunder too.. :pose2:

Dal said:
The Puma was "born" in Germany i suppose.. :lol:

When you decide on a date I'll move the thread to the corresponding month in the meets section.

If we get close to 20 I'm sure I could drum up a few more people from other forums. Could also bring Cherie's Fiesta or even the Thunder too.. :pose2:

Ok mate, cheers.

Thinking many people are going to be pretty skint after xmas so might be a good idea for peeps to get paid again so maybe Febraury would be better, the first Sunday is Feb 1st! Maybe a poll is a good idea for the 1st, 8th, 15th or 22nd of Feb.

I will be up for this rolling road day, be interesting to see what figures my puma gets!

Latest posts

Back