RS Combe 2013 - 6th July

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We will be metting at the same place, I'm sending all the attendies a message with all the meet information this Saturday evening.

It's going to be busy at Morrisons... STOC at least are meeting there at exactly the same time!

Plenty of room though plus it is the main local place where cheapish petrol is available for people to fill up in the morning ready for the track or journey home later.

So i guess no ones bringing a gazebo?? I shall bring mine. It is massive though, you can fit my car under it with ease lol.

Morrison's is big enough for us all, the RPOC will be meeting there as well. I'm expecting a few comments from a few of them.

I don't have a Gazebo to bring, so your more than welcome to bring yours Warren. I'm not sure where we stand in regards to risk assignment for the gazebo, what time of fixing's does it have to secure it to the floor?

The weather is looking rally good for Saturday so don't forgot your sun cream guys.

Ian and myself are staying over in the Premier inn across the road from Morrison's and we will see you all bright and early on Saturday.

consider me a cross group member, had to go with rpoc as B loves the parade lap as it is the only opportunity to get on the circuit as an under 16.

Please forgive me for I have sinned !!

Simon

I think Castle Coombe should let any Racing Puma on, reguardless of which club it belongs to, if they are going to give FRPs a parade lap every year, above any other car.

Aaron, may be worth having a chat with the organisers in the morning.

Don't forget to leave me a spot on the stand too, as I'll bring my across, once we set up the Rally for Heroes stand.

Bentleya said:
I don't have a Gazebo to bring, so your more than welcome to bring yours Warren. I'm not sure where we stand in regards to risk assignment for the gazebo, what time of fixing's does it have to secure it to the floor?
tent pegs and guy ropes lol!!

We are covered by RSOC as a visiting club.

But yes you are paranoid! if health and safety fucking insanity continues then it wouldnt surprise me if ina few years time we as a club have a submit a large thick A4 folder of risk assessments for each car and each possible risk rather than the show organisers having a policy to cover everyone.

I was a show once, where a gazebo escaped a neighbouring stand, and hit one of our cars, causing minor damage. Needless to say the show organisers wanted nothing to do with it.

You think thats bad, wont be long before each club stand MUST by law have its own public liability insurance to even attend shows.

Its recommended but not forced at most shows as long as the show has minimum legal cover.

It will kill off the clubs if it carries on. its something like £200 for cover for 5 shows a year for a small club. God knows how much it would cost the club to have extended cover to cover all meets and all potential shows. If the insurers and liability mongs get thier way it will even include meets like leics meet where we are driving in convoy and meeting innocently in public places etc.

Pretty pathetic really. Sooner they ban the "sue culture" the better.

Personally i think its a scam to make more money.. Think about a show like ford fair, traditionally the show organisers and venue owners have 1 policy each to meet thier legal obligations.

now each of the hundreds of car clubs attending and each of the hundreds of traders will need individual policies.

Before they might have raked in a couple of grand per show from the share of the organisers annual policies, where as now the rates average about £40 a club stand and double that a trade stand so looking at £10k easily in insurance premiums for the SAME risk!!!!! So of course its a rip off.

Why are Cherie and I not on the attendee list in the first post? Have we been excluded?

:(

I agree

Simon

spike. said:
I think Castle Coombe should let any Racing Puma on, reguardless of which club it belongs to, if they are going to give FRPs a parade lap every year, above any other car.

Aaron, may be worth having a chat with the organisers in the morning.

Don't forget to leave me a spot on the stand too, as I'll bring my across, once we set up the Rally for Heroes stand.

Every business (trader) would need their own Public liability insurance, Rally for Heroes also has it, for every show/collection we attend

Dal said:
Why are Cherie and I not on the attendee list in the first post? Have we been excluded?

:(

Sorry Dal, I'm sure I had updated it. I must of forgot to press submit after editing.

Here is the currect attendance list;

Ian - (FRP 062) - Paid
Aaron & Lottie - (FRP 190) - Paid
Tom - (Some sort of Ford) - Paying at Morrisons
Warren - (Cosworth Puma) - Paid
Rob - (Puma) - Paid
Ross - (Focus ST) - Paid
Dal - (Focus ST) - Paid
Cherie - (Fiesta ST) - Paid

Ta mate... Thought we'd been naughty or something.

You'll need to update it again though as we're only bringing Cherie's st now...

Blue3 said:
consider me a cross group member, had to go with rpoc as B loves the parade lap as it is the only opportunity to get on the circuit as an under 16.

Please forgive me for I have sinned !!

Simon

There's no need to worry Simon, as long as Benjamin and yourself have a good day then I'm happy.

This is the first event under Racing-Puma before its launch at Ford Fair, hopefully the new club will go from strength to strength over the next few years.

Dal said:
Ta mate... Thought we'd been naughty or something.

You'll need to update it again though as we're only bringing Cherie's st now...

No worries Dal, will sort it this evening before I leave. It's a pain to do it on my phone.

Doesn't matter mate.. :eek:k:

Now chillin' in swindon so see you in the morning.

Alright for some, I'm still at work and will be to around 8 this evening. I've been up since 5 and not really looking forward to the drive to Chippenham this evening.

Latest posts

Back