Shock absorbers

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richard_rip

My FRP is in need of new rear shocks but Eibach don’t supply them anymore. What are others running on their FRP?

I contacted Eibach and they suggested getting in touch with Bilstein but I was trying to keep the car as original as possible

This sounds like a tricky problem if you want to stay original.

[ref]XAF[/ref] any good ideas?

red said:
This sounds like a tricky problem if you want to stay original.

[ref]XAF[/ref] any good ideas?

I’ve come to the conclusion/realisation that I’m not going to be able to keep it original.

What are others doing to replace shocks? The only company I can see that sell coil overs for the FRP is Gaz, but I have no experience with them so don’t know the quality

The Gaz coilovers were well regarded for the Racing Pumas back when people were looking for a lower stance.

Also someone mentioned that you can get GAZ to make the coilovers for your needs, with the correct spring rates and rebound settings.

This FRP was on Gaz with 18" wheels.

Attachments

• FRP_Gaz_18.PNG
    FRP_Gaz_18.PNG
    428.1 KB · Views: 62
Do you need two rear shocks or just one?

If you’re on Facebook, join the Racing Puma Owners group page as I’m sure we’ll be able to find you some

red said:
The Gaz coilovers were well regarded for the Racing Pumas back when people were looking for a lower stance.

Also someone mentioned that you can get GAZ to make the coilovers for your needs, with the correct spring rates and rebound settings.

This FRP was on Gaz with 18" wheels.

I’ve spoken to someone at Gaz, given that they will make the set to order they can do things like keep the ride height the same etc. They seem to get good reviews

XAF said:
Do you need two rear shocks or just one?

If you’re on Facebook, join the Racing Puma Owners group page as I’m sure we’ll be able to find you some

They’re both shot really, I could get the springs blasted and recoated, but the shocks are past it

Back