sills

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hirsty_5

hi,

right i've totaly stripped my puma project down to its bones brought my new fibreglass arches got a couple of patches to weld on the floor however the problem lies at the sills i need new because they or unusable

problem is spook to my "bodyshop mate" hes done some ringing around and can't got replacement sills from anywhere NOT EVER FORD DIRECT

who has a pair to sell or someone who can fabricate me some new ones

cheers all

Rarer than hen's teeth. Took me two years to find mine.

The part numbers are 1040891 and 1040892. Expect to pay £200 a side if you do ever find some.

Have you fitted them yet? If not, what's the chances of having them copied?

ye £400 is the number my mate told me to expect not happy at all only paid £350 for the car off my mate haha sold all the standard rubbish thats not going back on so looks like all that now going be spend haha

as for a copy i fitted the front wings and bumper and now start cutting driver side arch sorry:(

hirsty_5 said:
as for a copy i fitted the front wings and bumper and now start cutting driver side arch sorry:(
I think he was talking to me! :lol:

YOG said:
Have you fitted them yet? If not, what's the chances of having them copied?
Not fitted them yet. Looked into getting them copied; would run to thousands to get a proper buck made up, unless you've got any better ideas.

Have you got any pictures to post.
Maybe someone will have an idea if it's possible.

$T2eC16N,!)UE9s3wBelCBRfQN0Pc3Q~~60_12.JPG

$T2eC16N,!y0E9s2S5t8IBRfQOROzgw~~60_12.JPG

alexwilliams840 said:
I swear i saw those sills on ebay a while back?
I'd been trying to buy them off this fella in Northern Ireland since about 2011 but he didn't want to ship them. I nagged him every 8 months or so. Then entirely coincidentally, I messaged him on the same day he put that listing up and he took it down immediately.

Bollocks! i saw them and thought "oh? what are these, might snap em up" didnt know they were that rare... how many other things have you stolen from me at auction i wonder

Firstly, given that I had been trying to buy them off the guy for two years but he really didn't want to (or couldn't find anyone who would) ship them to the UK, if you had bought them, you would have stolen them from me! Even on his eBay listing he said 'collection only':

Screen_Shot_2013-05-03_at_22.20.23.png

He only sold (and agreed to ship) them to me because of my persistent chasing!

Secondly, I bought them because I need them, I didn't 'snap them up' because they are rare.

A guy I knew patched mine up, ground down the welds and painted them over. You can't see where they went. Probably the way forward for sill repairs now I'd say.

Rob, you really shouldn't have mentioned you'd bought those you know! :lol:

welding is always going to be the way to repair sills.

I reckon Rob should just weld his and add the original replacements to his great Puma collection :D

hirsty_5 said:
hi,

right i've totaly stripped my puma project down to its bones brought my new fibreglass arches got a couple of patches to weld on the floor however the problem lies at the sills i need new because they or unusable

problem is spook to my "bodyshop mate" hes done some ringing around and can't got replacement sills from anywhere NOT EVER FORD DIRECT

who has a pair to sell or someone who can fabricate me some new ones

cheers all

Is it worth finding a Puma in the scrappies having the sills cut off then having them rubbed back down to metal and welded up wherever needed. I'm sure your 'Bodyshop mate' will be able to do it.

alexwilliams840 said:
welding is always going to be the way to repair sills.

I reckon Rob should just weld his and add the original replacements to his great Puma collection :D

I reckon Rob should get his lovely new sills put on there and enjoy his car for as long as possible.

Either that or post a youtube clip of himself smashing them up with a lump hammer and laughing. :lol:

Back