Slight Knocking Noise

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radiantpaper

Hi

I seem to be getting a slight knocking noise. I thought it was the parcel shelf which at times it is. but at low speed and some times breaking and acceleration is seems to be coming from the front of car.

Any ideas?

I get the same at about 2k rpm if poodieling, does yours stop if you speed up or on idle? As my knocking does. But don't do every day? I'd love to know what it is

Replica250 said:
I get the same at about 2k rpm if poodieling, does yours stop if you speed up or on idle? As my knocking does. But don't do every day? I'd love to know what it is

Yes the same but does do it most days. :shock:

Mine seems to clear and loud a sound to be the engine, and I thought if it was the engine it would knock all the time, only got 98k on the clock!

Top mounts or bushes maybe?? common if the top mount has become compressed over time, also could be the ARB bushes?

Bugging me now on the way to work today, it comes in at 1750 rpm untill atleast 2200 rpm, I pick a mate up and no more noise, it sounds like the drivers side anyway like I've got a massive stone in the front tyre but a boulder instead of a stone!

Back