Snetterton trackday 14-03-2011.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigal82

we had a great day yesterday here are ross's words.

Well i went to Snetterton yesterday and had a full day on the new 300 circuit in my FRP. It was absolutely brilliant, the weather held out and was sunny most of the day, the track is amazing, the car was fantastic. The amount of abuse these little cars can take is incrediable. they just dont seem to suffer from fatique, the brakes never go off (unlike my Focus ST which last about 15 minutes and then are finished!)

Had some good battles with Alan in his stripped out track puma, and some of the other stuff on track like VX220's caterhams, MR2's, Mk1 Golf GTi's, the Puma stuck to them like glue on the corners and eventually bullied them into moving over no the straights.

Had a mini DV camcorder stuck to the front of the car so will post a link up once the films are on youtube.

Anyway, here are some pics:
8K9U5923.jpg

8K9U5623.jpg

8K9U5278.jpg

8K9U5277.jpg

8K9U4933.jpg

8K9U4932.jpg

8K9U3971.jpg

8K9U6037.jpg

8K9U3223.jpg

cheers

ross

and mine

well what can i say yet another amazing day. the cars performed so well again and done us proud, snetterton was a great track but pretty bloody fast it takes alot of nerves at times to go into a corner at 90-100mph and hang on. had a few moments when the track was still wet but no spins so thats always good ;-).

only down side of my day was breaking/snapping something in my drivetrain, i think ive snapped a driveshaft but wont know till i get time to strip it all down, the 110 mile drive home was interesting the steering was a bit vague and there was an awful noise as the wheels rotated, even worse when i lifted off it was better when the throttle was applied. hopefully its not gearbox damage as its a brand new frp lsd box, ill know in a couple of weeks when i get time to look.

but apart from that it was amazing.

heres a few of my pro pics:

8K9U3270.jpg

8K9U3964.jpg

8K9U3637.jpg

8K9U5569.jpg

8K9U5568.jpg

8K9U5723.jpg

DSC_3174.jpg

DSC_3177.jpg

and heres some other pictures i took on the day.

DSC03075.jpg

DSC03076.jpg

DSC03078.jpg

DSC03082.jpg

DSC03079.jpg

DSC03087.jpg

DSC03085.jpg

DSC03088.jpg

DSC03089.jpg

DSC03091.jpg

DSC03102.jpg

DSC03103.jpg

DSC03105.jpg

DSC03106.jpg

DSC03107.jpg

DSC03109.jpg

im going to start another thread for the videos :)

videos here:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11563" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Them pro photo's of your Puma really make your car look the business. Looks VERY low too.....how low are you running and did you try a few heights before finding the best to run at?

How much does it cost to take it on the track out of interest.

Hi mate it looks really low on track as I'm cornering hard it's not that low when static but low enough :). I've still got about another 30mm to go on the coilovers if I wanted to but I get no rubbing etc so kept it as it is. To be honest I just chose that height and stuck with it. It's got a slight angle as I tried it level and the car felt a bit funny but with a slightly higher rear end it feels mire stable only a few mm mind.

The day was only £79 but we booked very early. There normally between £129- £179. Open pitlane.

I mad a set of tyres last 3 days so that's not too bad, could still use them too but a bit low but as long as it's dry there fine.

The dearest part us the fuel, getting there and back plus 170 track miles I must have put in about £120 :-0.

Me and ross worked out we were getting around 13-14 mpg on track but that's constantly over 6000rpm for 25 minutes at a time

spike. said:
Great photos A, and Ross is right, the ST brakes are rubbish, and fade quickly.

Thanks mate was a great day :).

Yeah they do go quickly but it's quite a heavy car isn't it?.

The Frp brakes never fade they really do just keep getting stronger the hotter they get.

I had slight fade from my Mondeo calipers and St discs for the first time in 4 trackdays. But only in the last couple of sessions. Think that was down to the pads being glazed though. They have taken some proper punishment for standard mintex pads.

A lot of the ST owners say the brakes are fine, but they've never driven an FRP, as you say they get better & better the more you use them.

The focus is a heavy car, and takes some stopping...

Latest posts

Back