ST150 Brakes?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkunkMunkey3000

Hi,

I about to fit ST150 brakes to the Puma, using red dot groved discs and mintex pads, heard a lot of contradiction about this sort of combo only lasting a couple of months to other people saying it will last almost forever, any idea's who's right?

I'll put this as a new post - no need for a new question in the middle of someone else's thread.

The actual setup should last the life of the car.

Obviously the discs and pads will last varying amounts of time depending on your driving style!

Probably not very long then!

I've heard that the mintex pads tend to eat away at the discs but I guess time will tell.

mintex 1144 pads on my last setup lasted bloody ages, that goes for the discs too, two trips to the ring and 8 months later still loads left on them!

Same here, mine are mintex but not sure which one's (Just checked spare's and they just say MDB 2062). The cheap one's is all I know and they've been in for 13 months & 13,000 HARD miles which includes 12 laps of the Ring, the Stelvio Pass, the Black Forest and numerous other cool roads ;)

Haven't checked them for wear but I know the discs aren't lipped at all and the braking feel is the same as the day I put them on.

Latest posts

Back