steering column controls and new head unit

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deputy

well finally fed up with 6006 unit and have decided to fit a new head unit....does anyone know if the focus steering column control will work with non ford stereos?

cheers

mark

You'll need an adaptor. Which adaptor will depend on which head unit you get. Best to stick with a big brand like Sony, Alpine or Pioneer as it's more likely an adaptor will be available.

all done, you were right Rob, got adaptor (pioneer stereo) easy peasy...can now hear my ipod properly and control it from the steering column...lovely

Just on this, the Focus steering controls seem to be left hand sided, but I would like right hand (like my Mrs' Clio). Is there room on the other side of the column to fit it upside down as such on the right side?
Or any other ideas welcomed....

Thanks

Theoretically, you could put it to the right, but then all your controls would be errrr, screwed. Plus, you would be approaching the lock on steering wheel which is probably why Ford put on remote controls to the left in first place.
It is not that big hassle to get used to it to the left; I'd leave it just like that

Back