steering wheels for ps3

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deejames

Hi, can anyone recommend a good steering wheel for the ps3? - i appreciate that you get what you pay for but wondered if any of the cheaper ones were any good, it will be used with gt5

cheers!

haha...has the x2010 for you wanting a steering wheel....lol.

I noticed a while back that the people doing the time trials and special events all use a steering wheel - 900 degree something or other - as they do make a huge difference as they're much more controllable which is obvious I suppose. I had a look into one a while back but the money you can pay for some is astronomical as you can have ones with real racing seats that wouldn't look out of place in a real supercar.

Looked at loads of others but the choice and reviews for most were either good or bad so I gave up in the end. If you find a decent one that's not stupid money let us know how it is ;)

I had one many many years ago for the first PS but it was crap....and that's being nice...lol

I remember not so long back the official wheel was made my someone else (can't remember who now) but because the manufacturer didn't renew their contract i.e. pay Polyphony a big lump sum to endorse it, Polyphony opened the door to another manufacturer - Logitec - and I'm sure the previous one was being widely reviewed as being much better. Because it's the official one now doesn't necessarily mean it's the best one. It's just made by the company who paid Polyphony the most money!!

It could well have been upgraded by now and be the ideal one as it was a good few months back when it changed.

The Logitechs are the best for value and quality although I struggle with the 900 degree a little. I had a G25 that was lovely but I didn't use it enough so it was sold. I still have my ratty old Driving Force pro from the GT4 days that does the business. Best mod for them is to get a squash ball for under the brake peddle. Makes the world of difference!

I reckon I've had 8 steering wheels for PS1, 2, 3 XBox and PC over the years... The best ones have always been the Logitechs.

Back