Sticking rear brakes

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrT

We get a squeal from the rear brakes of our 2002 1.7 puma, it goes away if light pressure is applied to the handbrake. I assume the rear brakes need a good clean up (or maybe the wife has been doing too many handbrake turns?).

Has anyone else ever suffered this problem and do they have any recomendations for the job (new parts etc) or will it be a standard clean up job?

Cheers. :cool:

Mine squealed as well as graunched until the drums came off and had a good clean up. Was all fine after that.

Might be worth taking the drums off to make sure the brake shoes are ok too. Sometimes the cylinders leak as well so check that out at the same time.

Mine sometimes stick on when I've been parked for more than a day, cleaning is most likely the way forward.

When you leave a car for a certain amount of time, rust builds up and will take a few miles to rub off

I love it when you take the rear drums off, its like black snow lol

I thought they would just need as good clean up. The car is used every day so it not through sitting around. I will whip the drums off and get it sorted.

Cheers all.

Latest posts

Back