Tape ecu! Pop pop pop pop bang

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soooo does anyone have a tape ecu for sale? I think my ecu is a dude then! october 1998 was my cars born date

Thanks, i would rather wait for proper pops with a 421 mani and piper ss catback + tape

Cartman said:
Sorry, got my ecus mixed up :) you are right, dude is the first.

But like I sayd, both my pumas popped whit the standard ecu. Only difference was the exsaust. I think the standard exsaust dampens the pops to much..

You can hear mine popping in this wideo :D here whit frp ecu, cams, and exsaust manifold, and custom 2.5" exaust ansåd 300. Cell cat

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcW8WfsNQvM[/youtube]

Might be slightly more notisable in this :)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=relmfu&v=qOHOMRP0hkc[/youtube]

Your puma looks slow :/ is it a 1.4? Both my pumas ran quicker than that

adampuma said:
Cartman said:
Sorry, got my ecus mixed up :) you are right, dude is the first.

But like I sayd, both my pumas popped whit the standard ecu. Only difference was the exsaust. I think the standard exsaust dampens the pops to much..

You can hear mine popping in this wideo :D here whit frp ecu, cams, and exsaust manifold, and custom 2.5" exaust ansåd 300. Cell cat

Your puma looks slow :/ is it a 1.4? Both my pumas ran quicker than that

Slightly insulting there.... but what you fail to realise is the differences between a standard puma and an FRP... 3mph (Adrian.. that's like 5kph for you buddy)
So saying it looks slow... its corners, its a wide open track with nothing close to judge speed, not to mention pumas generally get overtaken on tracks.
All pumas, standard and frps alike are generally the same in speed.

Yeah i was aiming for that as i dont want people posting up their track day videos in my wanted thread lol

yea.... no..

As I said in an earlyer post, I do have a tape ecu as a backup..... not shur want to sell after beeing insulted tho..... :/

edit:
As for beeing slow, like Flying Scotsman said, there realy isn't that much difference in the speed of the standard 1.7 and frp. it accselerates a little better, but that's about it. keep in mind I have a standard 1.7 gearbox, not the lower ratio frp box.
As for speed, I take most of the corners at around 80kmh and get a top speed of about 160kmh on the straight. the tyers I used on that day turned out to be rubbish, got new better tyers now, hoping to get some more speed out of it :)

shure. I'l just have to dig it out from storage, and I'l figgure out the shippment :)

Just pm me your address, and I'l get on it, hopefully I wil remember it when I get home today LOL :)

edit:

I do have some spare keys that I think are programed to it, but they are regular keys, not the remote kinds that you can use on any other key.

good idea, Ian probably has plenty, and the shipping from there wil defenetly be more sensible :) you should ask :)

I don't need to sel mine, and I like having it as a backup, incase I want to try remapping it or something, to keep my frp ecu cleen :)
but I'm always on hand to help a fellow member, so let me know :)

Lol@ my post for wanting a tape ecu ending up in someone else buying one, i need a tape ecu with 3 button key and transponder anyway.

Latest posts

Back