Tapping / clicking sound

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamD

Have this coming from the engine for a while now. Best way i can describe is it is very tappy/clicky.

Thought it may be something to do with the fan belt / pullys as it come from around this area. Had the new fan belt and a top pully replaced as it was buckled but the clicky/tappy sound is still there.

It gets faster if you put yout foot on the gas.

Any idea what it could be?

Yes!

Very very similar, you can hear it inside the car quite badly and i have to turn the radio up now to drown it out.

I've had a puma for nearly two years so i know my car, this clicky/tappy sound has only surfaced in the last 2 months and it sounds like the above.

ScubaSteve said:
hows your oil level?

It is fine, i do have a slight leak from somewhere though.

But oil is fine, not long been serviced either (about 2 weeks ago)

Mine's been clicking like that since August - general consensus is it's noisy injectors and not anything to worry about. You can't hear my clicking from inside the car though, so your issue may be different.

yeah yours sounds normal rob and i would have said his was the same after he said it sounded like that, but he said he could hear it clearly in the car :?

ScubaSteve said:
yeah yours sounds normal rob and i would have said his was the same after he said it sounded like that, but he said he could hear it clearly in the car :?

Yes you can hear it when you are sitting in the car with the radio off.

Notice it more when car has stopped.

Notice it is worse when my g.f revs the car just as the rev range drops to almost idle, if you know what i mean?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVCr30JUlb0[/youtube]

From inside car, hasn't really picked it up well its much louder in person.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S2C-ISubQw[/youtube]

It mite just be your heat plat they go rusty all the time and come lose and make that nose and make sure there no lose bit on the blok ???

Don't ask, you'll get paranoid :p
Take it to a mechanic and ask him to listen to the injectors for you, probably nothing wrong but if you're worried it might help.

tekz said:
Don't ask, you'll get paranoid :p
Take it to a mechanic and ask him to listen to the injectors for you, probably nothing wrong but if you're worried it might help.
Think i will!

It may be the tensioner cos it sounded okay when he put the new one in. can these things work loose?
The only other thing he said was the altinator was making a noise.

"The only other thing he said was the altinator was making a noise."
Might be that then...

Back