The Green Hornet

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thfc

Hi Peeps. Be meaning to do this for ages, now I have decided to keep the car I am now going to start my project and my true love for the car.

Right where to start...err... I bought my Puma in May 2010 after this happened to my beloved Megane Coupe after only 1 month and 1 day of owenership

Photo-0138.jpg

Photo-0139.jpg

So when I got paid out I started to look for a decent Puma, which is no easy job :roll: .
After looking a 7 previous Pumas (YES 7!) I finally found this beauty with 90K on the clock and tiny (I mean tiny) amounts of rust around the wheel arch.

102_0929.jpg

After I bought it I paid around £320 giving a full service (Done everything except fuel filter)

(Apart from the cambelt) the only thing that needed doing was changing the middle section and back box which cost £95.

Looking to do some mods to it (ideas would be great)

Thanks for reading and hope this thread becomes longer :grin: :p

Looks good mate!
About the mods: First of all I'd get some new springs or a coilover set to lower it a bit -->30mm enough but that's
just my opinion. I've got mine 30mm lowered with Eibach springs, looks much better and the handling has also improved.
Hm and perhaps some other alloys 17inches? Although these aren't bad to start with! :wink: But I just love my Momo's :cool:.
Are you also after some engine mods? Than I'd suggest to have a look at the thread I started with, because I'm planning to have some engine mods soon..

Wish you success with your Puma and a lot of safe miles!
Greetz from Holland! :wink:

Thanks. I am considering engine mods. Nothing major, maybe an induction kit or something. About the lowering, I would like to do that but not sure I'd be any good at doing it myself lol.

I am going to down to a bodywork repairer I know tomorrow to see how much that little scuff on the bumper (done by previous owner) will be to patch up :)

Personally I'd say with the condition yoursa is in, go for a concourse look- Very very clean and orginal.

If you do want to do some mods then I'd say, Jacko TB and MAF, Lowered on say ebeich springs-25mm (ford offered these as a dealer fit option) with new dampers as well, poly bush all round, K'n'N panel filter+ FRP Modded airbox(someone has one for sale on here- Tyeboi I think), 300mm Brakes ( Cheap and easy to do theres a guide on here), and if you do the brakes your best off getting some 16's- So et35 Mondeo SI wheels look good (Cossie style sort of), as long as they are 4x108 i think and et35-38 most wheels should be good

Just bought a gearstick shroud from my local Ford breakers as my one had a broken clip and the Puma sign was unreadable. It cost £5 and was a bit dirty so I cleaned it up and swapped my gaiter with the one the new one came with as it was a bit discolored. Pics:

The Broken Clip:

102_1367.jpg

The Old Shroud:

102_1362.jpg

The Dirty Gaiter:

102_1363.jpg

The New (well second hand) Shroud with My Gaiter:

102_1364.jpg

102_1365.jpg

Don't know what happened to the Puma badge it was like that when I bought it. Sort of looks like it has melted lol. The new shroud now fits tight and gear change (selecting first and reverse mainly) feels alot smoother.

i must admit I’m not a big fan of the green puma's but that is a really nice looking puma you have there mate.

James.

Looks like a great example, in a hugely underrated colour :eek:k:

Unfortunly I may be saying bye to the Puma in a couple of days as insurance for it has rocketed and I wont be able to afford to run it anymore. So I am probably going for a sensible turbo diesel or a 1.6 rxe clio :'(

nice colour! only seen this one! bit late! sorry about the other car! fancy it being right by bus station!
my hometown!!

Back