the puma for the track.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had a right shock when I saw this as this is m old car! Lovely little thing. Great to see it's still going and in good hands. If u ever want to sell it please drop me a pm as I'd buy it back any day!
Cheers.
Ross

wow i feel terrible for ruining it now pretty much but i did buy it off a guy i work with that was going to scrap it!
was the miniture monopoly money that i found under the carpet anything to do with you? lol

but as progress is going (slowly) i have just built up a rather impressive zetec turbo engine heres the spec:

american je pistons
eagle h section rods
knife edge crank
fully ported cylinder head
cat cams
vernier pulleys
lightened flywheel
t34 turbo
full arp bolts

im sure there is much more it has cost me so much to build going to be running water/meth injection

with the right injector setup it should be good for 350bhp atleast :)
im just useless with getting my head around engine management :(

350 sounds perfect...although my target for my frp's is jsut 300 which i think the std engine can take...

on the diffuser point there are a few other ideas you might consider...the aim is to make the car stick to the ground, you do this by removing the air from the underside of the car...if you take your exhaust and flaten the end, then build a square plate around it you will build a very very efficient air extraction tool....what this will do it use the energy in the exhaust gases to exple the air underneath, add to this flexible side skirts, and and an efficient front bam and you have a suction device par excellence...I will be experimenting with this on my car...its my secret so dont tell anyone about it...
its another one of those bernoulli effects...

The current renaultsport megane uses that idea /\ built into the diffuser, i noticed it on my brothers n wondered how i could do it On a puma.

its a very simple priciple, if you exhaust the hot fast gases under the body of the car, it will suck out the colder denser air because it is at a higher pressure, bernoullis basic principle....however you need to build a buit if body work to make it work efficiently. Basically you want to remove all the air from under your car, this will create more downforce than you can imagine, well 15 lbs per square in of your body work, so a hell of a lot. You cannot create a vauum there but you can reduce the pressure by a great deal....ideqally you want to reduce the air that can get under the car too, so a front rubber or brush skirt touching the floor will help, plus skirts art the side, touching the floor...this will make it harder for the air to get back under the car once you have extracted it...it made lotus unbeatable in F1 when they first used it...it was banned soon after..

Latest posts

Back