Thirst For Fuel - Or Not In This Case

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might be worth checking your actual speed as well, you will probably find you are driving slower than your speedo is indicating! Tried this yesterday using the readout on my Satnav, speedo was reading 80mph and GPS reading which I suggest is more accurate was reading 72mph!

ianv5 said:
Might be worth checking your actual speed as well, you will probably find you are driving slower than your speedo is indicating! Tried this yesterday using the readout on my Satnav, speedo was reading 80mph and GPS reading which I suggest is more accurate was reading 72mph!

That's well out, mines a lot more accurate but gets slightly worse the faster I go but to give you an idea....mine read 131 in Germany and my sat nav said 127 ;)
Nice to be able to say that legally....lol

Think my wheels & tyres are actually slightly bigger than standard 15's which may help towards my speedo being more accurate.

I set an all time record in mine of 260 when light came on, when i filled up a few miles later it was still only 35 litres. That had one decent run, my normal drives are 11 miles max and many only a few miles so i accept lower MPG.

End of august i have 220 miles each way trip so im hoping to see a big jump in MPG on those runs !!!

went away last week in devon so its 250 miles from me had a full car of stuff and a 4x3 trailer on here at did 60 all the way and used only half a tank. managed to get £39 of fuel to do 398 miles before the light come on. and thats towing so i wonder what it would do empty lol

I managed 335 miles on my last tank of petrol, and still the light never came on, this tank lasted 326 miles, last 10 with the low fuel light on, and that was after driving 150 miles to Devon, then driving around for 2 days as well.

pumapilot said:
I managed 335 miles on my last tank of petrol, and still the light never came on, this tank lasted 326 miles, last 10 with the low fuel light on, and that was after driving 150 miles to Devon, then driving around for 2 days as well.

not bad :D

Back