Ticking louder

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melinamotor

Since my last service the engine is ticking louder than usual when cold, before the sevice the oil in the car was Castrol 5w 30 magnatec. Tremona put in Shell Helix I believe but the other issue was the timing. Before the service the car was timed as a standard 1.7 but since this has been rectified. I'm hoping this is normal behaviour but I'm going to put the Castrol back in and see if it makes a difference. Also does the FRP tick a little louder than a standard timed 1.7?

Probably silly questions but oil viscosity may be a factor and not the timing... the car runs really well with no other issues evident. Oh the aircon packed in so that needs to be sorted too. Would the compressor tick if knackered?

el dude said:
Was the engine up to a good working temp?? never sounds as good if not

I have just done an oil change and put Castrol 5w 30 back in, its now running quieter at lower temp and nice when hot. I was surprised at how black the two month oil was, probably had a hig quota of cleansing agents, Shell helix. Aircon is fooked I think I have a leak and there is evidence of dye around the system from a previous leak.

Latest posts

Back