tint grrrrrr

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulthepole

i fort i tint the lights and it did not go well on the back lights come out really well (will up load a pic )
but when i tried do the fronts lights it just bubbly up like acid ??? and dont no y any one done and got it to work

soz about the bad spelling im slow in the head

Perhaps there is moisture in there?
Not quite sure what you mean though, could you clarify?

tekz

I think it would help to know what it was you used to tint the lights. A film or some liquid?

It a spray like spray paint. My mate was saying there mite be wax from over lapping when waxing what the best Clener to get the wax off it and deep down dirt off it. ???

There will be a layer of wax etc on them I expect bud. I know the spray you mean and the surface needs to be really clean, try getting some IPA solvent (get it from Maplins, its used to clean circuit boards etc) and it should remove any residue with a bit of elbow but wont damage the light unit. Spray should then take to the plastic no problem!

It actually sticks on fairly permanent and wont come off easily. I messed around with it some in my misspent youth when I worked for a car accessories co. If done properly it can look quite nice but easy to get wrong and VERY easy to over-spray and go way too dark causing problems seeing where your going (or people seeing you) not to mention the fuzz.

Its basically just black acrylic type paint or though I believe you can get a range of different colors to match in with the color of your car if that sort of thing is to your tastes :roll:

ps: love your avatar :thumbs:

Not recommended tinting your lights, as the front ones are poor anyway, plus probably illegal.

PS, please type English, not txt speak, we're not limited to characters on here!

lb81 said:
new_puma said:
Well, I had to re-read...and re-read again (about 5 times actually) to understand what on earth he was trying to say...does that make me as retarded as him? :pose:

Pleasantries <<? over...does that tint spray stick to the lights well? or will it come off and peel after a wash

It actually sticks on fairly permanent and wont come off easily. I messed around with it some in my misspent youth when I worked for a car accessories co. If done properly it can look quite nice but easy to get wrong and VERY easy to over-spray and go way too dark causing problems seeing where your going (or people seeing you) not to mention the fuzz.

Its basically just black acrylic type paint or though I believe you can get a range of different colors to match in with the color of your car if that sort of thing is to your tastes :roll:

ps: love your avatar :thumbs:

I was thinking of doing the rear lights as I have tinted fogs and black blank next to them, looks kinda naff at the moment with the tail lights standard...so might give it a go.

And I love my Avatar too LOL :thumbs:

Sounds good, like I said it can look pretty good if done right. My advice for getting it right would be to do it in stages as it dries darker than it looks when wet so easy to overdo. I would literally do a couple of gentle sweeps over the lens then leave until it gets tacky before going again. that way you can better get it to the right shade of tint. Also, if you can't find the actual stuff I know that black 'plastic primer' works just as well but you need to be even more careful as above :eek:k:

Most important do the lights still look the right colour ? Mr Plod will have a 'chat' as will Mr MOT if they dont ! Cool they may look , but are they safe ??

Brought this kit for my puma, and really does look AWSOME
It doesn't affect the the brightness of the light, but still gives that dark tinted look, I put it on my rear lights very easily....But the front...i feel the lense is to curved to apply to (creases the film), but i'm sure with time and alot more patience than i have it will apply crease free.

The film is a close knit mesh and not like window tinting film, it's pretty thick, so easy to use i found, check out the video somewhere on their website.

I'd put a pic up of mine, but really and truly...I cannot be arsed lol :-D

http://www.flyeyeskit.co.uk/

Flyeyeskit fitted to my Puma:

11082011195.jpg

Just a little reminder about forum conduct.

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2581" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've removed the pointless comments.

lb81 said:
Both cars look sweet fellas :grin:
Thanks! :eek:k:

paulthepole said:
IMG_0329.jpg

tint spray from e-bay £7.00 :D
That is.......erm.... blue... isn't it!? :?

Will be interesting to see what colour your lights are now....

Back