Type r the Frp?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's be a shame to spoil a perfectly good FRP you'd seriously devalue what is fast becoming a collectors car as Mark Twain said 'Buy land, they've stopped making it!'

My integra is a B18C1 (very rare)
vtec cuts in at 4400 rpm (less sceaming to get there)
as opposed to the standard uk B18C6 vtec's that wait to 6500.
but 170 brake v 195, slightly more civilised for a lighter car like the puma though.
If you can get your hands on the powerplant and loom, its a LOT easier than the uk version on petrol.

Erm...petrol...easier? Not sure what petrols got to do with it bud,just love the k20.

mix2000 said:
My integra is a B18C1 (very rare)
vtec cuts in at 4400 rpm (less sceaming to get there)
as opposed to the standard uk B18C6 vtec's that wait to 6500.
but 170 brake v 195, slightly more civilised for a lighter car like the puma though.
If you can get your hands on the powerplant and loom, its a LOT easier than the uk version on petrol.

b18c1 is almost identical to the uk b18c4 fitted to the 5door ...vtec kicks in at the usual 5800 all the non type r vtec engines kick in at ...what you feel at 4400rpm is the iabs (inlet air butterlys) in the inlet manifold opening at that level and giving a jump in torque similar to the jump at crossover ...dont beleive me ...pull the small vacumn hose off the vacumn solenoid at the passenger side of the inlet and feel the difference as the iabs are now open all the time, this is very very common myth in the honda forum world (where iv been for a long time,learned a lot from very big people and tuners in the uk honda scene)

not a type r engine but a very good engine all the same , lower compression and less aggressive cams than a b18cr engine ...very very good for turboing

gav. said:
b18c1 is almost identical to the uk b18c4 fitted to the 5door ...vtec kicks in at the usual 5800 all the non type r vtec engines kick in at ...what you feel at 4400rpm is the iabs (inlet air butterlys) in the inlet manifold opening at that level and giving a jump in torque similar to the jump at crossover ...dont beleive me ...pull the small vacumn hose off the vacumn solenoid at the passenger side of the inlet and feel the difference as the iabs are now open all the time, this is very very common myth in the honda forum world (where iv been for a long time,learned a lot from very big people and tuners in the uk honda scene)

not a type r engine but a very good engine all the same , lower compression and less aggressive cams than a b18cr engine ...very very good for turboing
I can't test it unfortunately, :'( as my beloved Integra was sold 2 weeks ago :'(
I could be wrong, but I do remember my handbook specs saying VTEC Engagement @ 4400 rpm. that I know for for sure...

sounds like someone needs to buy an EP3 civic.

have to agree a k20'd Puma would be awesome but for the time and effort and cost you might as well just buy the civic, its a great car as it is.

i would maybe be tempted with the conversion on a racing or an s1600 but not an ordinary puma, i wouldnt buy an early ep3 unless it was budgeted to do a rack swap with a dc5 hydro rack in place of the electric crap fitted to the ep3

Great idea, however would you not be better off sourcing a B16/B18? Far easier to come across at a sensible price!

Back