Tyre fitting price

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N1X

Just bought four new tyres online to replace the original 2001 dated tyres on a set of Thunder wheels.

Can someone advise on what price to expect for a tyre fitter to remove the old, refit the new and balance four wheel and tyres, please?

Could depend on where you are and where you go.

I always buy tyres online and get them fitted locally as I can save a small fortune. BUT, I found it hard to find somewhere that will fit your own supplied tyres.

One garage I use would supply new valve, fit and balance for £10+VAT per wheel or £10 each if cash. And that is also with disposal of the old tyre.

Even at £40 for a set of tyres to be fitted it would still save me money!

Thanks, several years ago I was paying £10 or £12.50 per corner and had little trouble finding someone to fit them. Now my local tyre place is getting RC and trying to rip me off after having had plenty of business off me in MOT's, tracking and puncture repairs over many years.

Local tyre place charges £10 per corner.

Ford charge £20 a corner - don't ask how I know that... :pinkeye:

Are you saving much, doing it that way?
I'm a COSTCO member, and can get Michelin 195/50 R15 V (82) PILOT SPORT 3:
£65.98 each fitted (£57.58 + £8.40 new valve, balance, nitrogen fill). Current offer runs out on 15th July.
4 tyres = £263.92.
In addition, once the 4 tyres are fitted, I would receive £25 credit vouchers for in-house purchases, or, if 2 tyres, £10.
So 4 tyres would work out at £238.92 (£59.73 each) net.
If you're not currently a member, Annual Membership Fees are:
Individual - £33.60
Trade Member - £26.40

I have already bought 4 new 195/50 R15 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 for £166.95 as I was very happy with the Rainsport 2's which I had fitted to my GT86. I am only replacing the tyres on the Thunder wheels because of extreme old age (they are the original factory fit!) rather than wear. I was expecting to pay around £15 per corner to have them fully fitted and balanced by a tyre fitting outfit that has had a fair bit of business from me.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

Yog - an example as to the savings I've had...

I bought 1x Proxes 4 for a 17" wheel which cost me over £110 from a garage, fitted.

I got a set of 4 online for around £150 and paid at the time £12 a piece for fitting.

So, over £400 for 4 fitted at a garage or around £200 getting them online and fitted locally.

Latest posts

Back