tyre recomendations

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alfie74

my local tyre dealer ate doing toyo T1's for £42 each, are these any good? they are also doing avon zv's for £48, any other recomendations would be appericated

Toyo's always get good ratings on sharper, wet and dry handling. I always had Toyo's on my alfa's back in the 90's and they were superb then.

Toyo over Avon any day, especially for the Puma.

Latest T1Rs are a bit pants, they changed the compound around Dec 15 IIRC, I got 2 of the later ones and after about 200 miles took them back off and fitted Pilot sport 3's,

I used to swear by T1Rs as an all rounder, but wouldn't dare drive on track with them, even spirited driving on country lanes or on roundabouts they didn't instill confidence. They tend to be priced around budgets and there are probably budgets that perform far better

Avon ZVs had a couple about 3 years ago, average, seem to be better on heavier cars, I have them on the back of one of my Volvo S60s, and Kuhmo KU39s on front

Rainsport 3's are similar money as the T1Rs and far superior tyre IMHO for the Puma, but spend a few quid more for the PS3's and you won't be disappointed.

alfie74 said:
[post]352996[/post] what about Firestone TZ300

not bad, I have on spare set, have worn well, grip not amazing but very predictable and have done a few laps on track with them, understeer when provoked and back can step out but I like a bit of hooning :D

Back