Upgrade to newer parts!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djsounds02

Morning everyone.. Need some advice on upgrading my car.. I am interested in changing my steering wheel to a newer ford wheel such as that out of a 05> fiesta/focus also the stalks and i am equally interested in the adaption of mondeo mk3 rain sensor and auto dimming rear view mirror.. Anybody done any of the upgrades or know of any success stories or am i slapping myself with a wet fish.

thanks

first with the wheel youd need to hope the airbag system is still of the same type and that the resistance is same so light doesnt illuminate.

Stalks would need custom wiring in. also depends if they can fit. if theyve changed that area of the column then it might not be possible. Plus youd need to add any features they control which the puma doesnt have.

Autodim mirrors been done so search.

Im sure the rainsensor could be done if the unit can be removed from the donor windscreen and works through a heated screen.

so with the wheel the only issue would be if the airbag was compatible? do you think i could add the column surround. custom wiring shouldnt be all that hard i dont imagine.. time consuming maybe, but straight forward. so my main thing is that the steering wheel will sit in place and will steer my car without the need for custom boss kits and such.

Latest posts

Back