Vibration

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lozzy75

have a wee issue with vibration in my 1.7 puma, gets pretty bad when accelerating hard ?
wondering if it could be a drive on the way out...
any ideas ?

When I had vibrations on hard acceleration, it was one of my driveshafts on the way out.
Other symptoms were shaking/wobbling steering wheel, harsh vibrations while turning in a certain direction which was exagerated if accelerating at the same time.

Agree with cherryvimto, my last puma used to vibrate horrifically during certain speeds when accelerating. The inner cv joint was ruined. 10 quid from a breaker and job was a goodun!
Also worth checking engine mounts & wheel bearings.

As above, I lowered my Puma and it highlighted that the CV joints were knackered. I raised it a little and it was much better but still vibrated under acceleration and worse when accelerating round a corner. Replaced and all was good again ;)

vibration through the wheel is horrific when accelerating hard....
she recently passed her mot so that rules out the wheel bearings
what cv joints fit the 1.7 or are they common item on the puma ?
thanks for the feedback, will get the cv joints off and check them out

CherryVimto said:
When I had vibrations on hard acceleration, it was one of my driveshafts on the way out.
Other symptoms were shaking/wobbling steering wheel, harsh vibrations while turning in a certain direction which was exagerated if accelerating at the same time.
thats exactly the same problem i have,
will investigate further, cheers CherryVimto :thumbs:

Back