weight saving

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody21

i need as much info on to shed weight from my car as many parts what wont effect the use on road cheers

Seats and trim, spare wheel, carbon bonnet and boot lid, and aircon system if you've got it.

Lightweight battery, sound deadening under bonnet and on bulkhead. The unused Ford Fair 2010 ticket in the glove box?

carbon bonnet weight saving is worth 3bhp! read somewhere that on average ?kg = ?bhp, worked out the bonnet adds about 3bhp! think its 10kg saving iirc. of course itl cost you £600!!!

Scotty1.7 said:
Get a hair cut- got the toliet before getting in the car?
:-D
martinthrapston said:
also remove engine,gearbox etc cut hole in floor and use your feet to move car while shouting yabbadabbadooo!!!!!
:-D

Don't forget lightweight magnesium alloys.
made_wheel.jpg

Isn't it true that when you shed weight off the car, you also need to set up the suspension according to the new weight of the car or else the car's not going to handle properly because you have changed its weight distribution??.......

it will need to be corner weighted and as it is lighter your going to loose rear grip so will have to put a spoiler on the back to get more downforce :-D

thanks for all ideas and useful and un useful comments but the reason for doing it will be drag racing and eventually timed lapped racing. will be slapping a turbo and a few other bits to gain the bhp so starting buy getting rid of all that’s unwanted will be an idea i know i am going to throw out the air con and heater system and the metal behind the dash with that and the sound deadening and rear seats should save me at least 75 kg. Just so other than whats mentioned above and what ive said do you know of any more ideas

if you're tracking , then perspex instead of glass, chuck out electric windows mechanisms, hollow out doors etc

Back