weitec hicon gt broken spring after 3 years

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masl

hi
As this happened to anyone before the weitec hicon gt are about 3 years old his it normal for the front lower spring to break .
Also can I buy just the spring or do I have to get a full set of coil overs again ?

Can't believe they've busted a spring already. They were only fitted at 68600 miles so had only done 13k miles with me plus whatever you've done on them.

Just checked site and the buggers only have a 2 year warranty and I bought them on 20th July 2010.

From what I've managed to find on tinternet you can buy the new springs for around £80 each (july 2012 price). Thought they would be cheaper tbh so may be worth more research if you going to buy one.

I would have thought a decent coil spring manufacturer would be able to do them cheaper than that. You could get whatever spring rate you wanted as well!

Have you got any idea of a coil spring manufacturer .
yippeekiay yep was a bit surprise they have broken at such a low mileage.

In the last full year of my ownership I drove it less than 800 miles so standing still most of the time may or may not have been a factor, but I'm still suprised they went as they're supposed to be top quality.

Hope you get sorted for not too much cost :eek:k:

As any one used a company called "spring coil" in Sheffield.
They can make me the right size springs for 35 pounds each.
A lot cheaper than the 70 pounds each from weitec plus postage.

ID 61MM , over all 140MM at 50 nm

A cow of a size to get as I have now found out .

my grandad brought a 08 berlingo with on 7k on the clock and that had a broken standard front spring.

Latest posts

Back