what a day!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madhillbilly17

just thought i would share with you my nice day,i went to the doctor for anxiety and depression which ive been suffering with since about 18 im now 33! anyway she gives me some pills to try,so i get back and take one first thing that happened was i went dizzy and my mouth was like gandhis flip flop,then i thought i was going to past out then i started sweating and was soaked and puked (nice lol) crawled to the sofa :roll: freezing cold shaking and felt like crap,these little bad boys were tiny and there still kicking my ass now!

And i'm presuming that is not normal when you go on prescription..? Mate anything that gives you those sort of symptoms, i'd stop taking straight away! Get back down to your doctor and say what the hell did they give you... What's the name of what you were given?

+1 for giving those up straight away! Hope you get something that actually helps!

Flying Scotsman said:
And i'm presuming that is not normal when you go on prescription..? Mate anything that gives you those sort of symptoms, i'd stop taking straight away! Get back down to your doctor and say what the hell did they give you... What's the name of what you were given?

Venlafaxine, thanks for the advice im not taking it again today

Nausea - 37% (placebo 11%)
Somnolence - 23% (9%)
Dry mouth - 22% (11%)
Dizziness - 19% (7%)
Insomnia - 18% (10%)
Constipation - 15% (7%)
Nervousness - 13% (6%)
Abnormal ejaculation/orgasm - 12% (0%)
Sweating - 12% (3%)
Asthenia - 12% (6%)
Anorexia - 11% (2%)
Impotence - 6% (0%)
Anxiety - 6% (3%)
Vomiting - 6% (2%)
Blurred vision - 6% (2%)
Tremor - 5% (1%)
Chills - 3% (0%)
Yawn - 3% (0%)

lol yeah its a nice one, didnt check out if the fella worked or not but who would want to with all those side effects lol.

I know the feeling mate, Im 19 and also have regular trips to the local GP for Anxiety and Depression, having ADHD doesnt really help either :L I went on what was suppose to be a 8week trial of Ritilin, Lasted about 6 days on it before me and my mother decided it was for the best i stopped the medication, i had similar effects to what you described, that progressively got worse, got to a point where i couldnt hold a conversation with someone for more than 2-3 minutes! id either fall asleep, pass out or just completely forget who im talking to and what im talking about!

Couple of sugestions for you, have you tried taking 5htp, it is one of the building blocks for ceratonin (the brains happy drug), there has been a lot of research done as an anti depresant.
The other thing you should try is hypnotherapy, I am a trained practitioner and it works by getting to the route cause, and gives you the power to fix yourself.
I would be happy to help you both once I get myself sorted out (in about 2 months just got to kick the arse of the cancer they just found on my tongue!), hypnotherapy is an amazing tool for anxiety and depresion, you should be able to speak to your doctors about it and may be able to get a referal to someone local.
regards and best wishes shane
p.s what the others said stop takin those pills now, when the cure is worse than the problem its not good!

hi thanks for the info i have done hypnotherapy quite a few times but with no improvement also done cbt,yoga,tai chi,ive been to the mental health team a few times i just go through the system get spat out the other side then go through again and on and on :roll: i did have lists of meds ive tried but cant find them,not sure if i tried 5htp so could try those thanks anything is worth a try :) normally anything i try over the counter doesnt do anything tho and normally the meds from the doc are to strong! i have had to go to hospital a few times because of the meds ive been given.

Back