What Colour Blue?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burger Boy

Hello Everyone,

Just getting quotes for the rear rusty arches and the front wing to be replaced, and due to the amount of stone chips etc on the paint work I'm looking at full re-spray.

At present my Puma is "Melina Blue", if you could have any colour blue what would you have?

I quite like the Focus RS Blue?

Cheers
Scott

Personally i like the Panthar Black so i can't really comment.

However if i was going to be stupid (N.B don't read this as I think it is, cause i don't) and change my pumas colour it would be to the Trophy Blue that MG did

I'd stick to the Melina Blue. Unless you are planning to remove all the interior and engine, and have the interior and engine bay done as well otherwise you will see the change in colour at some point

Amparo Blue.

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6385" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:wub:

Just got a quote, for a total re-spray including the engine bay, etc, plus fitting the bonnet vents and renewing the two rusting rear arches, £1400.

So it would probably be better to stick with Melina Blue? should bring the costs down? plus its not a bad blue and will look good with the Ford Rallye Sport Graphics.

The car is ready for a touch up, even the blue on the mirrors appears to be pitted now, with white marks. I want it to look good for the Summer, and for the shows.

Cheers Eveyone.

Scott

Dal said:
Amparo Blue.

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6385" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:wub:

Thats a very nice blue!!

Burger Boy said:
Just got a quote, for a total re-spray including the engine bay, etc, plus fitting the bonnet vents and renewing the two rusting rear arches, £1400.

So it would probably be better to stick with Melina Blue? should bring the costs down? plus its not a bad blue and will look good with the Ford Rallye Sport Graphics.

The car is ready for a touch up, even the blue on the mirrors appears to be pitted now, with white marks. I want it to look good for the Summer, and for the shows.

Cheers Eveyone.

Scott

Thats not a bad price for a full re-spray. To get ONE of my arches fixed from rust cost me £250, so to respray a whole car i think thats quite a good price.

I think 1-2K region would be expected to pay for a good full spray job.

If I had to choose a blue though it would have to be a darker variation.

Yes a darker blue would be nice, I also like the ST blue, at present everyone claims my Puma is Purple?
Crazy !!!

This is what was available in Europe:

[albumimg]261[/albumimg]

>comments<

And another, but the UK never got Electric Green or Thistle:
PumaInitialColours.jpg

My colour code (one up from bottom box on vin) is 77.

Melina Blue '97 I guess

Yep.

Only melina, curiass, and medium steel were the blues available on standard Pumas in the UK. There is the very rare odd state blue, which is a solid navy blue, but odds are against you having one of them.

Back