what suspension kit do you guys have

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigw

ive got £400 to spend uprating the suspension which includes wishbones and the bushes so im hoping to pick a kit up for around £250, ive seen gmax and pro sport on ebay for around £250, but im curious what you guys use or would advise, i dont want coilovers just want to change my tired shocks and springs and lower about 30mm :wink:

In time I have a similar plan for mine but I prefer eibach springs which were a ford option iirc and probably excel g shocks, but the above are more like £400- 450.

Whatever you choose I would chnage the topmounts as well at the same time.

yeah ive thought about those top mounts aswell, i need to change the shocks aswell they are 11 year old and looking a bit knackered :grin:

I know a few people won't like this, but I had G-max on my green turbo puma, & the car handled really well, it is stripped out so it's very light, but i really rate them. I also have a mate who has them on his tomcat, & he rates them highly too. Very good for the price. I've got Gaz coilovers on my car now, & I don't think they are anything special, if it weren't for them being height adjustable, I'd be just as happy with the G-max

PumaNoob said:
I know a few people won't like this, but I had G-max on my green turbo puma, & the car handled really well, it is stripped out so it's very light, but i really rate them. I also have a mate who has them on his tomcat, & he rates them highly too. Very good for the price. I've got Gaz coilovers on my car now, & I don't think they are anything special, if it weren't for them being height adjustable, I'd be just as happy with the G-max

Do you have any experience with AP collies? What do you think to them?

No sorry, the only suspension I've dealt with is eibach springs on standard shocks, spax springs on standard shocks, gaz coilovers, g-max springs on standard shocks, & G-max shocks and springs! They were all slightly different ride heights so hard to compare, but the spax springs on standard shocks was good, very comfortable but still handled well, the Gaz can be set up pretty much how you want them to be, and the G-max shocks and springs was also a good set up.

Ive seen quite a few people with AP's on pumas and fiestas, and people seem to like them. I personally don't think I drive my car hard enough to notice a considerable difference in , unless your spending thousands. I build the car, then learn to drive that set up!

Back