What would you do?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chilipalmer

This morning I had to leave my house in a bit of a hurry to get to work. As I was preparing to leave the driveway, I failed to notice an oncoming car. The driver hit the brakes hard (he was probably speeding) and fortunately he didn't hit me.

Realising that I was the guilty party i apologised to him and his wife. But the guy just started shouting insults and acting all crazy inside the car. His wive was trying to calm him down as well as their baby who was in the back seat.

When he was about to set off again he closed his fist and threatened to hit me. He then scarpered. This really made me incandescent with rage. I can understand him being mad for the near hit but threatning me, in front of my house, that's a whole different story.

I tried to follow him but he lost me. I'm pretty sure I can easily track him down though.

This has been bothering me all day long. Half of me says that it's better to let it go; other half says I should find the tw*t and f*ck him up (Hamlet probably drove a Puma chariot back in the day...)

If you can put yourself in my shoes, what would you do?

agree - forget it - what would you do if you did track him down, and what good would it do?

I know that a lot of male posturing and gesturing goes on in all sorts of situations, and the vast majority of it is a waste of time and energy! Would you match his threat of violence with actual violence, in which case you would definitely put yourself in the wrong?

Yeah, let it go. You just gave him a fright that's all and he reacted badly.

Anyway, you never know when someone might turn out to be a bit more handy than you think they are! :cool:

As everyone else says - Let it go. What would you actually do if you saw him ? Would it make you feel better or not ?
IMO its not worth it, speaking from experience.

Not gonna lie trueblue, it probably would make me feel better to give him a dry slap. The guy was really really obnoxious, even after I said sorry.
I know it's the civilized (or maybe the pc) thing to say is to let it go and I probably would be saying the same thing if I this had happen to some other guy. But then again since I make sure not to start trouble with other people I feel resented when others feel like they can piss me off.

Well given that you indicate that you were in a rush and pulled out on him you probably were guilty at the very least of driving without due care and attention, possibly dangerously possibly recklessly.

You say he was probably speeding, but in actual fact he didnt hit you, he in actual fact avoided hitting you, you who had just pulled out in front of him his wife and his child.

You say you apologised but you dont sound very apologetic here to me, so I dont know how convincing you were to him.

Part of being sorry is being prepared to be told you were in the wrong and taking it with humility.

I wouldnt condone violence in this instance at all, and if anyone has a right to be here complaining about this its him and not you.

Drive safe fella, oh and if the above isnt what you would have liked to hear, sorry but you did ask

I would guess you really pi~~ed him off with his wife and baby in the car. I know I would be in that situation. Try not to let it fester inside and step back and think how you might have reacted if the boot was on the other foot.
At the end of the day no one got hurt, apart from a bit of pride I guess.

quest63

You are mixing up facts with your own subjective projections. An apology is an apology. And mind you mine was clear and reiterated.
Moreover, I said I understood his frustration. But being frustrated does not give one the right to threaten other people. That's crossing the line, as anyone with a modicum of common sense will certanly agree.

See, it's all about proportion. He was entitled to a certain credit of irritation. But as he crossed the line and his credit got revoked.

trueblue

He didnt even look at the baby or his wife. The guy wanted to cause trouble and I inadvertently gave him an opportunity.

The same thing has happened to me (much worse actually) and I as soon as the guy/gal apologized I moved on. No threats, no insults, no nothing.

chilipalmer said:
quest63

You are mixing up facts with your own subjective projections. An apology is an apology. And mind you mine was clear and reiterated.
Moreover, I said I understood his frustration. But being frustrated does not give one the right to threaten other people. That's crossing the line, as anyone with a modicum of common sense will certanly agree.

See, it's all about proportion. He was entitled to a certain credit of irritation. But as he crossed the line and his credit got revoked.

Thats perfectly true and that rule applies to you as well

Latest posts

Back