What's my Puma worth?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennymc

Now I fully appreciate this is a proper n00b question to ask, but when I research I see Pumas similar to mine for anywhere between £500 and £2500 so it's hard to stick a value on it :-/ Here's some details, I'll be as thorough as I can...

The Facts:

94,500 miles
1999 V Reg
Black (Pic in my Sig)
Tax til May
MOT til October

The GOOD:
Recent Cam Belt change
Recent Brake disc replacements
Full service on last MOT (November)
New Suspension bushes on both front sides at last MOT
No engine problems AT ALL and starts every time whatever the weather
Still puts you into your seat when you floor it
Never been tinkered with (so no-one's f***ed it up)
Never been in an accident so much as a knock
Drives like a dream (so, so reliable)
No 'noises' from anywhere
Handles long ass journeys like a short Sunday drive

The (sort of) BAD:
Passenger side window goes down but not up (cheap to fix)
No parcel shelf
Blowers stuck on hot
Some rust around Rear Arches
Couple of faint scuffs here or there but barely noticeable
Glove box sometimes falls open
Steering wheel a little flakey around the edges.

Cheers, I'm not expecting much but it's nice to know a ball-park figure if I decide to sell :D

Let me know if you think I've missed owt.

Agreed. But I don't know where to start with an asking price... :S

Best idea is to look on ebay / Pistonheads / Autotrader for ones of the same age and a similar mileage. Then add a few £ for better things and take a few £ off for those worse.

As it is, I'd say you'd be lucky to get a grand for it - the rust, age and mileage will put a lot of people off unfortunately, and there's nothing you can do about that. The Puma is very much in 'shed' territory now. :(

What you can do is fix the HCV/resistor pack, tighten up the glovebox / get a new catch, get a parcel shelf and a steering wheel in better nick off Ian G. For the matter of about £60 I reckon you could fix the niggles and put it on for £1200 and get a bite the right side of a grand if you've got a nice folder of receipts, old MOTs etc.

Any MOT advisories?
Make/model of tyres +tread depth?
Quickclear windscreen?

I think it’s around £900 starting price.

Might be helpfull to you.Bought my car on Sunday from a dealer[car was a trade in].Unmarked interior, everything works,cant see any prvious body damag repairs ,4x good tyres some history short MOT,83k miles £800.

My W reg 1.7 Lux had 110k on the clock only fault was arches bubbling, full Ford service history and I struggled to get £600 for it when I sold

My puma Black 2001 Y FSH 104000 Miles Tested 9 months fairly Immaculate inside and out no rust at all.....I paid £640 on ebay :)

I paid £900 for mine a few weeks ago from a dealer and it's a 2001. Got the same mileage as yours and nothing wrong with it at all. Only a few bubbles of rust but it's not broken through yet. So I think you'd be looking at about £900 or just under.

Back