What's peoples thoughts on this?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeFRP

Hi. What peoples thoughts on this? Reliable? Good value? Worth investing in? Etc etc.

http://www.amberswoodmotors.co.uk/used/renault/laguna/20-dynamique-dci/wigan/lancashire/13689683/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks in advance

Mike

I drive a 53 Megane and whilst it's insanely dull it does do a good job of starting every morning and getting me to where I need to go in relative comfort. My car's coming up 10 years old and all of the electrics still mostly work which I was impressed by! It has lots of modern comforts, automatic this and that etc.

That specific example seems like quite a lot of car for the money.

I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, you'll end up with more gremlins than Steven Spielberg

Cheers for the comments guys. Done some haggling already and he's give me a good trade in price for my old car. Been searching for ages for the right car and everything ford, vauxhall, toyota etc is far older, higher miles, in crap condition or just plain bog standard with no spec whatsoever! For this kind of money.

How come you say avoid oilburner? Have you had any experience with these cars or just being biased and saying all French cars are s***?

By the way the car i would be trading in is a laguna 2l petrol hatchback thats 15 years old, done 151k and still runs pretty smooth.

I'm changing jobs requiring me to do alot of miles for the company so diesel would be better, I would prefer something with alot of safety features for my 4 month old son, and not going to lie, the part leather, cruise control, air con etc would be nice as the newest car I've ever owned has been my Frp, lol

We ran a Citroen C3 Diesel from early 2003 (bought new) to early 2010

It covered 180,000 in that time and suffered just one outbreak of MAF gremlins.

Everything else just worked, and kept on working.

The 'French cars are rubbish' mantra is long outdated.

Not being biased just speaking from family and friends experience of owning Renaults, but if you're happy with it then fair play to you

I had a 2001 Dynamique before my first Puma and that car was pretty solid. Overall ran better than my current 53 model does.

Sometimes my current one is pretty lumpy when you first start it up.

Is it diesel yours red? Anybody know how to find out all the extras and past history on it?

Ask the dealer if it's an ex-fleet car.

If it is they sometimes come with a computer print-out of the history

Cheers mate. I much prefer the look of the estate. The laguna hatch in the new shape the boot was just too small. Couldn't fit the pram in. This is much better and the rear seats fold flat. A big bonus :)

Sorry might be going blind but can't see how many milles it has done? I now run a deisel, only a 1.4 fiesta but I have found on long runs it's far better on fuel Lincoln to london and back under £20! but round town it's no better than the puma! on the up side the road tax is £30 for the year, and I know what it's like to have a little one, space is everything :wink:

The car has 62k. Pretty low for a diesel :)

Anyways I put a deposit on it today. Picking it up 1st April. Can't wait :) wahoo. Never owned a car newer than 2000 so this being a 2008 model should come with some tasty extras im not use too.

DEDFD907-8E05-4733-B5EB-65ED7616AD75-3569-0000017148D1F035.jpg

Sorry couldn't resist!!! Enjoy your new car!

Latest posts

Back