Whats the rev limit on a FRP?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike d92

I thought it was 7250 with peak power at 7000?

Any help would be great.

Many thanks
Mike.

I ask as for the first time i took mine out for a proper spin after running it in and it hits the limiter at 6750? so either my speedo is out or something is not right :/
The standard 1.7 i thought limited at 7000 so its out even for one of those.

Put your speedo into the >diagnostic mode< and set it to RPM. Then you'll know what RPM it actually hits.

A Std puma will hit 6750 (even a TAPE) to the limiter whilst and FRP mapped ECU (an FRP mapped TAPE) will allow it to rev to 7250.

I was sure its 7100 or 7150 on load then 7250 off load.
When looking at the rev counter it looks more like 7000 as the rev counter never quite keeps up 100%

Well mine has a tape ecu on the car but it was meant to of had the frp map put onto it, well atleast i payed a trusted bloke anyway :x

I know, i rang him today and he said its a frp map but the limit hasn't been raised as they've had complaints of them blowing 1.7 engines? I've seen loads of frp over 100k so i don't know if he's just talking poo.
But anyway its getting sorted at the end of the week properly :)

Ye something is a bit strange, i think they've just put the wrong map on tbh.
He's a well trusted mechanic through my work and does a lot of electrical repairs including mapping so it will get sorted :p

bullshit.

mine was on 126k and that got the arse raped off it on a daily basis. it got rolling roaded over 100k and was still hitting that magic 7250 :)

Back