will mk3 fieasta springs fit the puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killerpuma

as the subject asks will lowering springs from a fiesta mk3 fit the puma 1.7 I know there based on the fiesta mk4/5 but wasn't sure how much of the base was brought over from the mk3, hoping someone can help.

Nope

Puma springs are so cheap you can just buy a new set specifically for the car without much messing around. eibach Pro-Kit from Ford for £120-130 are the best

you wont find a full set of lowering spring for £15 brand new an if you can can you point me in the right direction only reason I asked, so it s a firm no?... that's all I needed...

CeReD said:
[post]346086[/post] Nope

Puma springs are so cheap you can just buy a new set specifically for the car without much messing around. eibach Pro-Kit from Ford for £120-130 are the best

Unfortunately, unobtainable anymore

I think the cheapest lowering springs for a Puma are the £69 ones on Ebay that I bought. They are -40mm look cool and absolutely RUIN the ride quality!!!!
Barry

tuonokid said:
[post]346099[/post] I think the cheapest lowering springs for a Puma are the £69 ones on Ebay that I bought. They are -40mm look cool and absolutely RUIN the ride quality!!!!
Barry

what do you mean by ruin?? to stiff for you (no pun intended haha) or just make handling awful? worse? ect...

It's a very jarry ride, unpleasant over cats eyes even and as for potholes, you avoid 'em like the plague!

just to clarify this wasn't about me "wanting" to lower my car just asking if certain springs fit the car because ive been offered a set from a mk3 fiesta from a project that someone never got off the ground for super cheap (£15) an I just thought ,why not if they fit, so really the only answer I needed/wanted was will they fit?

tuonokid said:
[post]346102[/post] It's a very jarry ride, unpleasant over cats eyes even and as for potholes, you avoid 'em like the plague!
I avoid potholes as much as possible anyway I think most people do don't they? well people that like there cars do, its normally the person you see in front of you that look like they've been drinking all night an have gone for a drive lol

no worries cheers anyway nice to hear opinions from other puma drivers in regards to modifications. ive driven a lot of lowered cars on so many different types of setups an they all drive differently but ive never driven a puma with modified suspension so your input counts either way

they won't fitt,
even the fiesta springs that do fit (mk5), will be wrong as they are not he rigt stifnes for the puma, and wl ruin the ride

cheers all sorted with that now, been told they don't fit so didn't bother with them would have ben a bloody cheap upgrade though :) as for spring rates they we're uprated stiffer springs so they would have been stiffer than the ones on the puma anyway so that wouldn't have been an issue just maybe not as stiff as ones designed for the puma... an haven't some of the fiesta mk5 springs got the same ford part numbers?? think its the ghia springs that match but not 100% sure I know the zetec s are around 15-20mm lower or near as makes no difference.

but cheers for the reply but im not bothering that's 2 of you that's said they wont so im happy with that cheers all.

Back