yo dudes

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russv

Hi everyone, thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Russ and I recently bought what I think is a really nice modified puma 1.7 off ebay ;)

I used to own a millennium puma about 10 years ago, and was a member of the pumapeople club (where I first met the seller of the car I just bought, funnily enough! (Lee Shepphard)). I also remember Bok as well, but only the other day I found out what happened, its really upsetting and I still can't believe it :(

I don't actally have the car yet, its being trailered down this week, but I wanted to post on the forums here, and didn't feel right without saying hi in the newbie section first!

After getting the car serviced and cam belt changed etc, I'll probably leave it pretty much how it is, I don't really want any extra power. The only things I might change is the bonnet (because the vents let in water), maybe make a removable cover to go underneath it, or get a cf bonnet, and the other thing is I'll probably change the mudflaps for darker ones. Other than that I'm just going to take good care of it, and enjoy it!

Heres a pic:
3.jpg

Welcome along Russv - great to see such a well revered Puma stays within the Fora world and has an enthusiastic owner once more.

:eek:k:

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, yeah I noticed the other site is down, does anyone know if its coming back? Oo

It was pretty dead over there anyway. Happy Kat and Dogsbody were still about. Eldoodarino is on here quite a lot under the alias El Dude. You'll find YOG dropping in from time to time on here as well.

Never mind, eh? You're here now! Pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable. :thumbs:

Its a shame the other site is down, if anything it has a lot of posts on there which could be really useful, also had a lot of nice pics in the gallery. Still, this club looks just as good!

I imagine the other site will come back online when Jason eventually notices. It does have a few images and topics there but at least you can start fresh here with it :cool:

Haven't had much chance to give the car a good look over until today (it didn't arrive until tuesday), it does need a bit of a tidy up, but I'm amazed at how little rust there is for an R reg, I suppose it did have a new shell, but still, I can barely find any at all. After looking through pages and pages of project threads on here I was getting a bit concerned, but the more I look over the car the more I can see how much care has been taken with it. I feel pretty responsible now!

Got a list of things to do, but I won't be doing much of the work myself, as I cba to work on it in winter haha. Does anyone know a good garage in Essex? Preferably Chelmsford? I found this one in the recommended garages:
http://www.motomotion.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Anyone know if they're still decent? Or got a better recommendation? Especially one who has experience with changing the cam belt - as far as I know, it hasn't been changed for 8 years and has done approx 20,000 miles, so its one of the first things on the list along with a good service.

Thanks!

Hi bentleya, nice to know theres members near by :) I just noticed you were from Chelmsford too. I saw your project thread, and the powder coating, eg:
PowderCoating03.jpg

I would really like to get that done just like you have, is it hard to remove those parts? The paint on all parts like that is flaking away and theres surface rust on mine. They seem nice and solid, but its another thing thats up high on the list!

Back