Newbie! Hello from Hertfordshire - now on my second puma!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

az274

Hello All!

on my second puma but new to projectpuma.

bought my first one about 4 years ago was a 1999 1.7 in silver bought for £400 at 90k miles, great little car absolutely loved it! fun fast and above all cheap to repair (although nothing went wrong with it) and maintain.

unfortunately i sold this when the mot ran out as I had a honda civic type r at the same time (EP3) biggest mistake i ever made IMHO the puma felt so much more planted and more fun to drive then the civic did, it wasn't long after selling the puma i sold the civic as well and decided to go all sensible - 2005 1.6 ford focus mk2 :cry:

after 2 years of ownership of my focus i now miss my puma more than any other car I have ever had before it so decided to buy another one :wink:

I've now ended up with a 2002 1.7 ford puma again in silver 64k on the clock with a fsh for £700 :eek: and I'm delighted to say the fun is back! :grin:

although it doesn't feel quite as sprightly as my 1999 puma (not sure what difference there are between 1999 and 2002 version) it’s still a fun car that brings a smile to my face every time i drive it!

show it a twisty back road and you'll be laughing all the way to the petrol station to fill up and then do it all over again! :p

I'm not sure if there really is a successor to this car but what I do know is that nothing i have driven before or after really compares to how this car makes you feel, I’ll keep this for as long as I can and enjoy all it has to offer.

cheap, fun, good looking motoring for a bargain price, what's not to love here! :grin:

:grin: welcome to the site!

There were a few differences between the 99 and 00 onwards models but nothing that I'd have thought would make a noticeable difference.

Good luck with the new one, any plans for it?

welcome to the site and hope you enjoy your second Puma, having left Hertfordshire over 30 years ago for the wilds of Scotland are you sure the car feels slower? or is it just the amount of traffic down there now simply prevents you from getting out of 2nd gear :grin:

Latest posts

Back