150000, and still going strong!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colechelle

Well, today, after owning it for just over a year and been used everyday to do 80 miles a day, she turned the big 150000, never had a engine nor has the head ever been off, in fact, looking at the service records (has full) the only thing its had is a gearbox and clutch, i did them about a month ago....

Not bad for a £500 car that i never wanted!!!!

055.jpg

Not bad. I know of several 1.7 engines that have given up the ghost long before that...

Epic mileage - congratulations! :thumbs: I fully intend to achieve similar mileage in mine. Ever the optimist, me!

Sometimes I wish I'd kept my Melina blue Puma, I'd be well over 100k by now.

150k is a fair innings... would be curious to know the oil consumption...?

I have a theory that many old cars do not die suddenly but more likely suffer a strange, silent death.

I change the oil every 5000 with filter of course, if I was to top up before doing the change, she would want a ltr to correct the level, so a ltr every 5000 I guess is not bad for that milage!!

Still no rattles from cold in the morning, but as I said, she has full history, I have just carried that on, hence the 5000 miles oil changes!!

i'm of the opinion it's all down to keeping up with the necessary servicing issues and making sure they are done to the right standard...

most car owners will only spend on a car what fails the MOT which is just ludicrous!.. and of course when the engine fails it's easier of course to blame the unit rather than your own care of the car...

My fiesta 1.4 runs a treat at the moment and is just about to hit 100k... the 1.4 is known for being the most unreliable of the zetecs (for some strange reason).. and is not as well built as the 1.7 for sure....

:grin:

150k ? Is that a lot in Brit? I just traded my 340k mazda 626 for this 220k puma. (yeah, that's km. 211k miles for mazda and 136k miles for puma) and i'm positive it will last atleast to 300k km. You can't actually get a puma in here for 100k miles I guess.

Yes 150k is at the higher end of mileage for most cars in the UK........ there seems to be a stigma about anything over 100k but now days this is quite unfounded as most cars should last well over it!

Back