2014 trackday meets?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome day at Oulton and great to meet you and your other half Stu. I had a blast and surprised myself at how well I kept up with the rest of our team who all got their semi slicks on while I was stuck with my T1Rs. Ended up passing a lot of cars I didn't think I would, especially those Clio 172 and 182's who were on semis. Busy uploading videos and I have a phone video of you going down the start finish straight I'll post a link shortly

Here you go Stu - fame at last https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vM27LJRUsA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi Karl,
Good to see you`d be up for Cadwell in the Autumn,
It`d be great to get a few Pumas together on track :cool:

Hi Mick,
I had a fantastic morning, kept hold of the tails of a few of the faster (£££) cars and passed a few beefier cars too.
I covered over 100 miles in the morning and was pleased to `only` guzzle about 7 gallons :)
Unfortunately I also guzzled my brake pads, and had no spares :-(

Thus ensued one of the most random mods I have ever attempted....

In the paddock, I re-drilled my hubs, fitted the V6 Mondeo calipers (for which I have pads!), custom brake lines and mondeo discs
Only to find its not quite the bolt on upgrade people say :? (thread to follow)
still I gave it a go.

I had to tow it home with no calipers on.
One to put down to experience me thinks

Woo-hoo!! star of the show :D

trublustu said:
Hi Karl,
Good to see you`d be up for Cadwell in the Autumn,
It`d be great to get a few Pumas together on track :cool:

I'm up for another Cadwell session later in the year......

oh no Stu, bad luck there. You should have given me a shout you could have had a drive of mine and I would have loved to have taken both you and yours as passengers. One of my afternoon stints was 40 mins and I only came in because I ran out of fuel. I did 200 miles on track - two full tanks and an extra 20 litres to get me to the petrol station for more fuel on the way home.

Stu check out this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvJpERMJr9g.....its" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; the time that Pug 306 GTi spun in front of you at Lodge... scary stuff. 9.49 on the video but prior to that its me following you round

Awsome!!!

From what I could see of my cars handling etc, it seemed to do as I asked, It certanily had the edge over that pug.

The spin looked a lot bigger and unpredictable from where i was sat!
keeps you on your toes i suppose...

Shame theres no vid of my recovery from a similar situation on Lakeside earlier. lol

I'm trawling through them, my camera was playing up on the day so footage is a bit limited

That wasnt a hint Mike :roll: lol
I have been discussing that little moment with my missus and we recon thats not the best place to cock it up
Lots of repaired armco just before Shell Oils tells me that!!!

I may have found a Cadwell Park date in October.

Its Friday 17th at £120 (open pit-lane)
Although im sure if we can round up a few cars we may even get a block price.

Its organised through Mazda on Track (ive used these guys before and found them a decent enough bunch)
which means there should be a good few cars which are in the same performance league as the Pumas
(nice to see the mega track cars, but nicer to not be constantly stepping aside!)

That price includes 20 mins of in car tuition (if wanted) which makes it quite good value.
I know we are still a couple of months away, I`m just sounding this one out.

trublustu said:
I may have found a Cadwell Park date in October.

Its Friday 17th at £120 (open pit-lane)
Although im sure if we can round up a few cars we may even get a block price.

Its organised through Mazda on Track (ive used these guys before and found them a decent enough bunch)
which means there should be a good few cars which are in the same performance league as the Pumas
(nice to see the mega track cars, but nicer to not be constantly stepping aside!)

That price includes 20 mins of in car tuition (if wanted) which makes it quite good value.
I know we are still a couple of months away, I`m just sounding this one out.[/quote

Great deal, I'll be up for this, think it will book up quick?

Hey guys,
Great to see some interest.
I wouldnt think this will book up for a while yet.
I`ve never even tried to get a block price before, so i`m not sure what the timescale would be.
I will email M.O.T. to ask about how to go about this (number of cars/cutoff dates etc)

sounds good to me Stu, count us in 2 cars minimum maybe up to 4 with the two Hondas

jealous, keep wanting to do Croft but they are nearly all 88db ones and I'm at 96db

No response yet from M.O.T. :-(
I`ll chase them up.

Enjoy Croft today Aaron, I`ve not been there, thiough it is on the list (probably on for spring)
It`s gonna be HOT, make sure you get plenty of fluid breaks.
Let us know how you get on..

I'm going to croft next Thursday but it's going to be another warm one so will be taking plenty of water. Got a few thing to do to the car for then, fit my brake ducts, put on new T1Rs (rear only), fit new Ramair filter and a general wash and polish.

Latest posts

Back