401 gets took off road for rebuild...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok.
i have some more update on my car, and the inside is now painted so very happy :) heres some photos
wet on wet primer first..
f1.jpg

now the inside.. matt,.?
f2.jpg

f3.jpg

f4.jpg

f5.jpg

f6.jpg

f7.jpg

f8.jpg

f9.jpg

f10.jpg

ok now its like glass! :) well happy, could leave it matt need to do the job right so here we go !
fg1.jpg

fg2.jpg

tryed to paint everywhere my mate hates me now lol..
fg3.jpg

fg5.jpg

fg6.jpg

fg8.jpg

fg11.jpg

fg12.jpg

fg13.jpg

sorry bout all the photos :) but after all this work i cant help my self.. my floor came out better than i fort. happy days.

yes mate :)
ive got the bonnet and door waitting to have primer on, and bumpers. they are getting do this week and sat morning, so a week sat it will be painted, :) 2weeks before ford fair!!! and its got to be m.o.t soooo close. if dont make it, oh well next year... :( just happy hows nice its turned out. cheers mate, glad you like it. but really want to join everyone at ford fair. my half finished FRP lol striped out haha. and 2 seat... but just for now ant saying like this.

wanted it matt, but because m its been rebuild now, so making it nice and that it will last :wink:

Looks really good mate. Your right ofcourse the gloss will give it more protection from rust etc, just done mine too. I like it :eek:k:

Car not painted as yet, the the shell is good to go, as soon at the parts are flated down,
Been busy this week, paintin the inside and now primed all the parts.
re made the ends of the bumper so it fits better, someone asked if i did, so fort ill post photos, also the toe eye cap didnt fit to good so re shaped the bumper to make them fit better. :)
pr11.jpg

pr13.jpg

pr12.jpg

pr10.jpg

etch primer, forgot to take photo of other door :(
pr9.jpg

pr8.jpg

pr7.jpg

2pack primer now.
pr5.jpg

pr6.jpg

pr4.jpg

pr3.jpg

pr2.jpg

Now that was drying i fort ill have a go at the bumper grills, mine was very rusty, and fort ill do them, have grinded them down and rust treated them all so, used a zink paint and primer, also thick black paint, bit like power coat and had them glossed, was going to buy these but saving money lol... these will look mint on the car now!!
pr15.jpg

pr14.jpg

Thanks clarkie, its coming out with 2 seats in it, as its going to be close for ford fair. :)
your see it soon mate :grin:

should be out for ford fair, but dont tell any of out lads :wink:
it will be out but, ant got time to have wheels done or do the under side or fit all my new under body parts and power coating, thats a job in augs before mot.

when it is out, it will be parked up, after all this work i ant having no one running in to it. got a new reg now mate X401 JAY was x278rno this will be on after its mot in aug

Not long now :)
just got the back bumper to flat, then it needs a 2nd coat of primer as back bumper was a bit back due to gel coat with splits in it, also..... i just foundnt theres about 8 hole in the back bumper where someone had fitted the large mud flats, so filling them as dont think i need them,
So have been playing witht he rad surport panel as mine is very rusty, so been rubbing it down and now its all painted :) car should be painted this week :)

111.jpg

2222.jpg

my rad support looks just like yours, it is on the list for powdercoating when the rear beam goes in, then hopefully they are the last rusty bits done on my car.

Simon

i have lots to be powder coated, got my rear beam yet on subframe n lower arms yet to do.

have been working on 401 again today, have now spair sealed the boot floor just to give it more protection, dont like used back shout, as it dont go hard.
1.jpg

11.jpg

There floor is now painted black forgot to upload
13.jpg

14.jpg

i wasnt going to carry the stone chip line on the sill, wanted to keep it original, as they was brushed seal where the rivets goes, but ythink this will look nicer :)

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

Also fort id do the wings to match :)

19.jpg

18.jpg

sill stone chipped looks well good, also been doing the under side as well
110.jpg

111-1.jpg

112.jpg

114.jpg

115.jpg

Hoping friday is the day :) i have just 24hours of working time at work hours to get it painted and fitted up ready for ford ford, will be close but ill be there :)

mate i wont rush it, i work under pressure every day on car lol and still end up turning out good work, mine i ant rust and wont rush, soon as it come back from ford fair it will be back in bits lol. carpet in after. i have loads of time to get it done, long as its painted should be ok, may buck the week off and fit it up lol :)

yay car painted part from tail gate, coulndnt get all parts in spary booth as lads was in the 2nd booth, Am well happy with the paint job, looks like a sheeps arss haha, and a prob with the paint as our tinters run out so had to do another mixs from differnt paint people!!!! was well pissed off!! ran out of the tinters and car just need the last coat and drop coat, but looks good. , hope its ok. will no tomoz when i drag it out the spary booth

heres my parts
p1.jpg

p10.jpg

p11.jpg

p16.jpg

p17.jpg

p18.jpg

p2.jpg

p4.jpg

p5.jpg

p6.jpg

p7.jpg