Air condition running - funny driving

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mihalyn90

Soooooooo :)

cruising in 4th... 70km/h... all fine... switch on the AC... and i keep the acceleration as it is... and i feel as the car looses power, then gains again, then looses then gains... all the time as the AC compressor clutch is switching on and off... is it normal?

A/c compressor kicking in and out is normal (but not too often), and does put a load on the engine. Assuming the A/C is working (giving out cold air), I would still have the system checked, to see if it needs regassing/is working correctly.

well i went in for a check... sensor cable was snapped so the guys fave it a go... and they said that check is free... but as the repaired it on the go... i spent money... couple of days before payday... nice... well they said that they should put out the gas and fill in difference... :-?

but still, the speed keeps on going but is like when you release the acceleration and pump it again...

YOG said:
[post]351467[/post] A/c compressor kicking in and out is normal (but not too often), and does put a load on the engine. Assuming the A/C is working (giving out cold air), I would still have the system checked, to see if it needs regassing/is working correctly.

What he said.

well for me it's kinda 10 seconds on 10 seconds off... of course in idle... set to 4 and minimum...

mihalyn90 said:
[post]351471[/post] well for me it's kinda 10 seconds on 10 seconds off... of course in idle... set to 4 and minimum...
Yep, AC does put a load on an engine. Remove your cabin air pollen filter and see if the AC on/off cycle time increases, as a dirty filter makes the AC work harder and less efficiently.

Test the efficiency of the AC with something like this - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006918OBQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Put the probe in the centre cabin air vents and you should get around 5 C.

There are other gauges around, but I prefer that one as it goes up to 110 C, which makes it useful for coolant testing, etc.

mihalyn90 said:
[post]351474[/post] air vent reading 7.5
You could do a with AC and without AC air vent reading, if you want. If that shows the AC is working then forget about it.

Unless your local garage works for free, of course. :)

well it was kinda hot, and they tested out the AC... works... they said that should make the difference for the refrigerant... but well...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC_-BYIWmpk[/youtube]

here you can hear the clicky... when it switches on and off

Up again... for long drive i got this problem:
FB_20160622_15_28_17_Saved_Picture.jpg

It's leaking... not coolant, seems like it's condense... Comes from the holes in the circle... yes i managed to clean the drain tube, but doesn't help much...

any idea?

Hi Steve
When you cleaned out the drain tube did you put the fan on full on "cool feet" setting to blow out the crap from the bottom of the heater box otherwise it might have blocked up the pipe again straight away.
Barry

that is something worth looking after... fact is i removed the pipe from the chassis, not the heater part... and blown in... maybe just cleaned out the way and again it's full... as on the way to Jibou from Oradea 150 km it spit water... around Jibou, i cleaned it, blown in the tube... and back from Jibou to Oradea it was fine... so... perhaps you are saying something :D

We had to witness power loss with A/C 2 years or so until we changed coilpack . After that - No power loss anymore.

Well i'll see.. not now but i'll check on... i still have to make a refill... and of course the tube clogged again... X(

AC will click on and off as that's how the temperature is prevented from going too cold, 10 seconds sounds quite quick though.

Condensation in the footwell is because of a blocked drain tube but do bear in mind the condensation is moisture that was already in the cabin. AC doesn't add moisture to the car or exhaust any as it works - it merely attracts vapour on the evaporator which will then drip off. If you have lots of condensation then you should also dehumidify the cabin.

i seeeee

thank you...

G, and what is your thought about the evaporator? always full of leafs :(

Back