ARGH!!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom B

So last year i bought my puma and the insurance was £2250 with a £750 excess! I thought i could handle this for a year but was sure it would come down after a year with a years no claims. Just got a quote to see what i should be expecting... £2100. So im £150 less of a risk, after getting a years no claims and getting older by a year.

I HATE INSURANCE!!!! :cry:

Honestly thinking of jacking the puma in and getting a bog standard Corsa :( I love the car but its killing me paying so much for it!

Just had a look around, (using compare sites to get a rough comparison) Admiral who i am with now and their group (Bell and Elephant) are the only 3 that will insure me at all :lol: The next cheapest is £8k!! My renewal isnt till the end of october, so have some time to think what to do, may try adrian flux and see what they can do :(

Your in the exact same boat as what I was in 6 months ago, it's a total joke.

What's your postal area, WA or CH?
If it's the post code driving your premiums up it's likely that even the most boggy of bog standard Corsa's will still be £1500+.

WN - still a highish risk area Being between Manchester and Liverpool :lol: Will probably end up sticking with the puma, but just annoys me how after a year of driving with no claims, im only £100 less of a risk?!

Yeah looks like the major factor here is postcode then:

WN Wigan
1-4, 7 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . F *
5-6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . E *
8 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . D *

Mine:
BB Blackburn
1, 4-5, 8, 10, 12, 18 . . . . . . . . . . . . . D *
2-3, 11 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . E *
6, 9 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . C
7 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . B

A = Low Risk
F = High Risk
* = Any motorcycles in areas D, E or F must be garaged in a locked and secured building whilst at the policy holders address. In some of these areas this may also apply to cars.

Have a read of this:

‘It can’t go on like this’: One MP’s car insurance battle
Read more: http://www.confused.com/car-insurance/articles/one-mps-car-insurance-battle?MediaCode=806&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Newsletter&utm_source=Newsletter12Sept" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ha! What aload of bollocks it is, Im WN5 so category "E". :-( . Such a joke! Its not even 'rough' or 'dodgy' where i live either! Grr!

Flying Scotsman said:
Seriously... im £2400 a year for 3 cars.... do you have motoring offences? How old are you?

23 yrs old, male, 2yrs NCB, BB12 postcode, 1.7ltr Puma, no points, no medical problems, no convictions.

6147591071_6d0e13cc74_z.jpg

Do you think insurers are there to give you cheap insurance regardless? They are there to make money at the end of the day and it's all down to their risk perceptions.

i had the aa send me out there renewal notice for mv6,£996,went on to there website and knocked of £300,used comparison sites and got it down to £450,yet the car is hardly used and is garaged for 80% of the year and not used and i also do less than 6000 a year

Worth trying a few quotes with an additional named driver, your mother, sister or anyone who's older than you and has been driving a while as it can lower the premium even if they'll never drive it. Silly but true in a lot of cases. Worth a try :?:

And for Adrian Flux, ask for a quote for your car (I'm assuming it's unmodified) then ask for the same car with some mod's that you might like to put on. You may be suprised to find it cheaper for the modded car. Happened with me which again is totally against what you'd think. Again, worth a try :?:

Just waiting for them to load the hell out of it on my renewal :?

Dal said:
Do you think insurers are there to give you cheap insurance regardless? They are there to make money at the end of the day and it's all down to their risk perceptions.

Harsh.

They may be there to make money but they ain't there to rape people. I've got 4 years NCB, no fault claims, no points and I am 28 years old. My insurance is 2000ish.

These companies are so bad that the government has even had to step in to investigate the way they're dealing with people.

I get what your saying Dal, But i just don't think it's fair, driving prices up and up, yet i am proving that i am more trustworthy and less of a risk? I agree totally that they are there to make money, but i think the way the prices are calculated and how the way all young drivers are tarred with the same brush is total crap!

And to add im 19 with no conviction or illnesses, with a years NCB.

I'm waiting for the bomb to drop on my renewal this year as well

If it goes daft then I'll be left with no choice but to part with Bee or take it off the road till the time comes when insurance is reasonable.

Insurance companies right now are unregulated con men who provide a mandatory service. Until there is real control over them, they will continue to use every single excuse under the sun to raise car Insurance.

Unfortunately but the three of us (Tom, Marcus and my self) Live in the NW, and it stupidly expensive here with all of the claims management companies that have sprung up, not to mention all of the insurance fraud that occurs here.

Its simply not cost effective to drive legally any more- but you have no choice but do so.

Its gone back to the mid 90's were insurance has become so silly it practically killed off the hot hatch, the performance saloon, the sports coupé and the sports car. They became so expensive to insure only the very well off could do so. Know we all earn less, pay more on mortgages, rent, debt etc (debt due to being to happy in the credit mad first decade) fuel has almost doubled in cost, insurance has sky rocketed and the American blame-claim culture has been adopted.

Its fine for those of you live away from these areas- but I would suggest you just see what a differance it would make to your life if you did live here- Do a quote with your current postcode and then one with a NW post code say OL2 etc.

If I moved just 40 miles my insurance drops by almost £200!!! but I'd live in virtually the same place????

And Dal- your comment is proof of why insurance is run so very wrong right now- It shouldn't be for profit. If something is mandatory then it should be controlled centrally by government.

And on another note- Its interesting how our sponsors in the Insurance world will not comment with full facts and details here- only to say ring us and we'll see what we can do for you

Quinn Direct were the most competitive insurance company and the fairest- Why? Because they operated a 4/5 digit post code rating system- Not 3/4

They really drilled down and were fair.

Its fine for those of you live away from these areas- but I would suggest you just see what a differance it would make to your life if you did live here- Do a quote with your current postcode and then one with a NW post code say OL2 etc.

ER...off topic but probably not as much difference as house prices!!!

Back