ARGH!!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
crystalpuma said:
Its fine for those of you live away from these areas- but I would suggest you just see what a differance it would make to your life if you did live here- Do a quote with your current postcode and then one with a NW post code say OL2 etc.

ER...off topic but probably not as much difference as house prices!!!

Fair point Vix's- But some can't afford to move house to egt cheaper car insurance to see there mortgage cost go through the roof

Your job can make a huge difference too. I went from the motor trade in Truro, Cornwall, which is the lowest risk area but a high risk job, to the Met Police but living in a E category risk area. So you'd thin my premium would be more or the same going from lowest risk area to here, but it's gone down. Obviously not saying to change your job, but sometimes re-wording your job title can help a little!

Give Flux a go, they quoted me £680 for my Puma, thats with all mods declared (FRP engine/LSD box, exhaust, inlet, interior change, big brakes, non standard alloys, spoiler, tints) and living in a cat E area. OK I'm old (45) and got 8 years NCD and no points/claims, only restrictions were £250 excess and 7500 miles per year.
Having said that they wanted £460 for a bog std 1.2 Micra and declined to add my Mrs, but she is on a provisional, but Tesco did that for £800 with her as a named driver and me with no NCD.
Don't forget both associated insurance companies to this site give -10% if you tell them you are on here.

Ack...£680!!!....mine's not an FRP engine etc but has upgraded brakes, coilovers, non standard alloys and nitrous oxide and I paid £375 last October with 150 excess and unlimited miles. I'm 44 with 9yrs NCB (well that's the max they give as I've had 9 years for more than 9 years...lol), no points, one accident. Just had a quick scout on google and I too am in a group 'E' :?

If yours is that much I'm definately not looking forward to my renewal :?

Really feel sorry for the younger guys but it hasn't always been plain sailing for us and I still begrudge paying what I am now. I remember paying £858 for a 1 litre Charade GTti (Group 11 or 12 iirc) nearly 20 years ago which was a hell of a lot of money then especially considering I was in my mid 20's.

I put my sisters address in cornwall, even though (hehe) i don't live there, cars registered there too...soooo!

But it brought my price down by 400 biggunz :thumbs:

Now let's all pretend I didn't type this :-D

[Removed due to fraudulant acts]

I feel for all of you its just not on. I just got quoted £370 for a 2002 3.2 boxster s, I live in SO postcode & work for McLaren F1 team. Changing the nature of employers buisness made no differance at all. I am 38 & the misses is 34 & we only paid £400 to ensure both our pumas. I guess it must just come down to postcode & your age.

Insurance is a weird thing and makes no sense at all. Bit of a tombola I think with their prices :?

Had a quick go at a Boxster S 2002 and it came back with £744!!.

Weird how an Audi A8 4.2, and XKR 4.2 and a VXR8 6.2 are cheaper. So glad I don't want a Porsche, if I did I'd have to move or get a wife to add onto the policy.....nah, I won't have a Porsche tyvm!!!

Got a quick quote from adrian flux with my car standard and my auntie and dad on the policy. £4915. Granted it was online quote and needed to ring to go over stuff but thats still Waaaaaaaaay to much! lol

Adrian Flux are not that great for standard cars, mainly modified ones.

Conversely, the mainstream insurers are not great for modified cars.

I just put into moneysupermarket.com:
- 1.7 Puma with lowered suspension, exhaust mod and non standard alloys worth £1400 and it came back at nearly £600 a year.
- Put in a standard FRP worth £4000 and it was £300 a year.

Admiral are pretty good for some modifications...they didn't charge me any extra for a spoiler or non standard alloys

try brentacre.i pay £520 ish and with any performance mod that does not improve performance by more than 10 percent they will cover it providing you declare it before you fit it.so mine is 520 plus exhaust system and ind kit is again £520. try them think they are cardiff or swansea.

Latest posts

Back