Aux via CD Changer hack

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a car in the past with a 6000CD and an aftermarket changer, still go the adapter box somewhere. I would assume its possible to give you audio on that plug but the radio will need to know there is a (fake) changer present. Without that it won't switch over.

Also there are two radios called 6000CD. That list looks like the new style. Which may be why the Puma isn't listed.

post-29716-0-58983600-1328195611.jpg

I've got the Mazda MPS version of this:

http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.php?productid=66&cat=19&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(They do Ipoo'd versions too)

It basically fools the head unit into thinking a CD Changer is attached. I just plug in a USB pen drive with 6 folders in it named CD01, CD02, CD03 etc (with as many files in each as you like in MP3 format) and you pick them on the head unit as you would a CD Changer.

As much as i like the Sony single din ive fitted, If i can adapt a 6000 unit to use an Aux line and if possible also a usb then I would change back. the centre console just looks better stock imo

Oh thats a clever idea! Hadnt thought of mounting it in the spare button cover :)

I've been planning to do this. I'd like one that connects properly to an ipod and charges it although I've not looked into it yet. I was going to get a Connects2 and run the wires through the dash so that the ipod and aux plugs come out in the little cubby hole to the right of the steering wheel. That way it keeps your mp3 player of choice out of view.

Back