Benking's Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, we have a love hate relationship lol

Its was lovely there today. I told the mrs we would go there for a walk. What i ment was take some pics then go for a blast haha :pinkeye:

Was great fun, what my car is about. Its not a means to and end. Yes it gets me to work and back but its also my hobby and something 2nd to my family that i enjoy

Hense why i still have her and will for a little while longer :eek:k:

Decided to tidy up rear hubs today as im also doing the bearings.

Before

hub1.jpg

Rubbing the rust off, Reggy wanting to get involved as normal!! By liking the rust off :shock:

hub2.jpg

Ready for paint

hub3.jpg

1st coat

hub4.jpg

After 4 coats they were ready to fit

hub5.jpg

Look 1,000,000 times better, although you cant really see them its worth doing

Tidy job, if you picked a lighter colour you maybe able to see them behind your props if you look really really well! haha

No point "showing off" drum brakes IMO. Keep them hidden by making them black / dark grey.. lol

I wanted the hidden so i think the colour works perfect, i think drums should be there and not seen !! painting them in bright colours is pointless IMO

LOL, yeah i agree drums are crap, ive just painted mine blue to match the front calipers as it won't look right otherwise with frp alloys on!

Dal said:
No point "showing off" drum brakes IMO. Keep them hidden by making them black / dark grey.. lol

Thats whats stopping me getting 17"s, until i upgrade both front and back brakes, the props are going to have to hide my sins lol

Its also stopped my bearing whine, good old scrapyard. I often wonder how many other pumas have donated parts to my car lol :eek:k:

Decide i had enough of things flying around my boot because of the crap carpet ford gave us. I had some black thick pile with underlay in one, about 20mm thick, lovely stuff. Decided that it would be perfect as it wont move, wont move at all!!

It also gives what ever i put in the boot a bit more stability when driving

Carpet
Carpet2.jpg

Old carpet in place to trace around (this istheunderneth of the carpet, thats why it looks so rough)
Carpet1.jpg

Trace of the old carpet
Carpet3.jpg

Done!!
Carpet4-1.jpg

I cut it a bit bigger so i can trim when i fit it, so much better than the original anyway

nice work mate. i found that the none slip matting from tesco solved my carpet problems but doesn't look all new like yours! you fixed your car yet?

Its doing ok mate, Got a couple niggles but nothing thats stops me driving it. So really happy

Wish i had enough of that carpet for my house, i took it from aBMW garage last year i helped build and though it would be big enough for the bedroom but didnt fit lol so its made its way into my car

My car is turning into a house lol plumbing fittings in engine and proper carpet it the boot just need to get sky now any a place to put the kettle!!

Fitted new Lower arms today. They had prety much brand new bushes in. So was really pleased i found a good used pair. As expeced they were a nightmare. But got there in the end. Handling has improved sooooooooo much. The front end feels tight again, so they have cured all the niggly problems ive been having with the handling

Was going to change the subframe but when i got under the car and looked at it i couldnt be bothered lol. Still on the to do list, just when i got a bit more patience

Also decided to put the white dials back in today, with a twist. Decided to paint the orange needles black, as the orange looks out of place with the rest being black

Speedo1.jpg

Speedo.jpg

Will fit them tommorow, they do look really good in the flesh

oh is that what the black nail varnish was for!!!! i was getting a biut worried when we went boots and you came back with nail polish lmao

Latest posts

Back