BOK's Millennium Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that looks absolutely great now it's all done!

Zara's doing hers white, you've compeltely done yours red...what to do with mine...?

I have mine in the traditional FRP blue interior!

P1020089.jpg

P1050716.jpg

Zenithus said:
Zara's doing hers white, you've compeltely done yours red...what to do with mine...?

You could do it orange...

I love the whole colour co-ordinated interior lighting thing that's possible with LEDs, it'll make our indvidual Pumas look mint at night (talking like a Northerner again :) )

I might as well start selling all the original bits I've still got for the car because there ain't no easy going back to original now!

I've always liked the green on white look. But then perhaps I'm weird.

First visit this year to the garage shortly-

Service
MOT
Remove front brake calipers, shotblast then repaint in Zinc yellow :p
Fit yellow Goodridge braided brake lines all round
Fit FRP rear axle spacers
Fix door dent
Professionally mop all paintwork (get your sunglasses ready :cool: )

Carbon fibre bonnet and front splitter to follow shortly :cool:
Will also be looking for more ways to save weight (I've lost 7 kgs myself in the past 6 months according to the Doc :p )

colin i presume you keeping the interior despite your weight saving ambitions???

If so painted carbon panels, carbon roof, carbon boot, carbon doors, carbon mirrors all to add to your bonnet!!!

oohh and plastic front side windows that can be made in same usable way as the glass ones with now added scratch resistance so they dont look like scuffed perspex!!

Maybe strip out all the sound proofing under the interior and replace with a modern light weight equivilent???

you could go totally OCD on it and start trimming the excess plastics and foams behind trim panels, remove metal in dash etc etc etc.

Back from the garage today and looking rather better than before it went in (it was FILTHY). NOT a fan of the tyre shine, it's coming off at the next wash.
The braided brake hoses make a BIG difference, the pedal bites earlier, you need less pressure to make the brakes act and they have excellent feel :D The rear axle spacers make it corner even more like a go cart and the wheels now sit nicely up to the lip of the rear arches.

Roll on summer :cool:

[albumimg]1399[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1400[/albumimg]

Looking as good as ever mate - I think you should stick to those wheels now ;)

So by the brakes having more feel with braided lines, the OEM ones 'give' when under pressure then?

How much bigger are your real axle spacers Colin? 10mm as standard isn't it?

Dal said:
Looking as good as ever mate - I think you should stick to those wheels now ;)

So by the brakes having more feel with braided lines, the OEM ones 'give' when under pressure then?

How much bigger are your real axle spacers Colin? 10mm as standard isn't it?

I may use the steelies for track tyres, or rather smoke the P6000s that are on them at the moment at a track day :p

Re brake lines, yes basically the brakes feel more tight in their action but more importantly they have improved in feel...so it's not like you have more servo assistance, they just feel more efficient :cool: No placebo effect assured, these are the same calipers using the same brake pads as before.

Mine were 12.5mm, we compared them with OEM FRP rear spacers and they were identically dimensioned. My Puma did not have spacers fitted at the factory, apparently spacers only appeared on the earlier Pumas.
The wheels are now right out to just inside the wheelarch lips which gives it a nice rear stance, my front wheels are already spaced out due to the ST24 calipers so it looks nicely 4 square now.

Looking fab Col :)

I love the brake calipers in yellow, and the wheels are better than the steelies :p

agree, stick with current wheels, personally prefer them to steelies anyway though they did look good. Calipers are a nice touch too.

Fitted twin LED arrays into the boot today.

Got two of these kits (65x35mm size):
http://speeding.co.uk/acatalog/Interior_Light_LED_Conversion_Kit.html
autstyleintlightkit.jpg

I'm sure I didn't pay £20 a piece though :shock:

Bought some off eBay as well but these were crap- dim and the light kept flickering :x The ones above were much better quality.

Comes with adaptors and sticky pads so you could replace the factory 5W bulb in about 2 minutes flat. Took a while to find an ideal position under the shelf supports.
Decided to have a matching one on the left too so made up a sleeved extension wire of pukka quality (soldered/heat shrinked joints) to avoid future problems, adapted the end of the cable on the 2nd light. Ranbd the cable along the existing loom/clips across the back panel, all wired up with a terminal block and working perfect first time.

Got loads of light in the boot now can see great and nothings gonna get hot/bothered/run the battery down much if I leave the boot open for long periods :cool:

Latest posts

Back