Car Choice

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trueblue

I did not see the programme tonight on ITV4 "I want that car" but by all accounts the guy had a choice of a Renault Clio Cup or a Racing Puma.
He chose the Clio :-(

https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/i-want-that-car/series-1/episode-8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Racing Puma about 27 minutes in.

Had the choice of the Clio, an Audi A3 and a Racing Puma. Could choose two to test drive... didn't even test drive the Puma.
facepalm.gif

Bell end.

I watched one where the guy picked a Focus ST170 then found he couldn't afford to insure it

st170 is the most overated under-performing sports focus ever !!

I don't think it's overrated as I don't know anyone that rates them! I had a brand new one for 3 awful months and it spent 2 of those in the workshop

mine was a low mileage example and when tested at a top quality rolling road was putting out 148hp so asked the chaps to go through the car checking things for wear and tear or if its simply a tired example, and they could find no faults at all so after fitting a bluefin, decent exhaust system, uprated filter, uprated leads plugs coil pack and top to tail no expense spared service I took it back and its made 168, 2 less than what ford claimed it had in first place so sold it as I had enough and with stupid fuel economy and high tax/ins it was not worth any further outlay, wish I had of bought the thunder I have now as its more fun and feels quicker even though its 40hp less

Shame he didn't test the FRP, but the Clio is hardly a terrible choice. I should know - I've had both.

I owned a ford puma 2 years ago with full race system/remap etc. the mileage got a lottle high so i sold it, then i bought a focus st170 and it felt underpowered and lacked top end speed, i discovered one day my throttle cable was badly adjusted and the butterfly was not opening 100% so i adjusted it until perfectly tight and idle sat at 900rpm.
After that it felt like a different car, basicly before it was adjusted i was never at full throttle!
In my opinion my puma was faster but only ever so slightly! I know this for sure as my pal and i had drag races down a closed road!
I sold my st170 and bought anothe puma! More fun to drive and less wallowy.

Back