cleaning headlining

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alfie74

my car was standing for a year before i got it, whats the best way of cleaning the headlining as it has lots of marks on it

To be honest mine was like that. I removed it and using black spray paint changed the colour. Looks so much better :grin:

Take it out and carefully with some foam brush it off. Use a very gentle brush not to destroy it and allow it to dry in open space before reinstalling. I wouldn't soak it to much

It is not a major job. You will need to undo the B pillar mount for safety belt (torx bolt!). To reach the bolt carefully pry the plastic cover with small flat screwdriver. That enables you to remove the top B pillar shroud. Also, take off the door rubber seal from the top. Start at bottom where they are joined and work your way up via A pillar! No need to take it completely down, as the B pillar section is held in place by the rear side trim cover.
Take down the A pillar shrouds (three clips, just pull, but be carefull not to break (any of) them.
Take off the sunvisors and the cabin lamp (just pull, starting from the windshield end IIRC). Unscrew the two cloth hangers at the back. By now the headlining should be coming down on its own.
Go to the trunk area. Take down the rubber seal which is (also) holding the headlining in place. Wiggle the headlining ends out of side trims and take it out through the rear opening (as that is the only possible way).
Have a browse through my thread, there might be a picture of two when I was doing the ICE installation...
It might sound complicated, but it is really easy and logical to take it out.

Back