Daily Drive 1.7 (Latest update pic heavy..!)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still a bit of a sorry sight, but she's on wheels..!

Need to adjust coilovers etc, but I'm hoping my friend who knows what they're doing will show me what to do with them. Clearance at the back is maybe a bit tight..

I don't like the silver with black wheels though. Car was supposed to be a different colour before they went on, but well well.. :roll:

Moved Puma out of the garage last night.

Got the garage emptied and covered in plastic (Look's like one a murder room...) and put her back. Hopefully it will help with dust/cold/wet etc so the aerosol paint job won't be quite so bad when it's done. :oops:

Tried to get the right wing off before I put it back in but it is stuck on somewhere. I am not sure if I can feel a weld in there. I fell out with her eventually. The stuck wing on top of the intermittant poor running and the fact her ABS and TC lights are on, the brakes feeling weird (hard to tell because I only moved the car about 10 feet), the a/c not working (gonna ditch that at a later date), suspecting the rad fan relays or something might not be working (fan doesn't kick in, thought a replacement fan would sort the issue but it has not), the rest of the bodywork on the car is a shambles, but I'm reluctant to spend too much time/effort making it bonny because it's not a great shell to start with - it was all just bugging my happiness so I put her to bed and didn't do anything with her. Will see about masking it up tonight, perhaps. Be good if I got it painted but that would probabyl mean an early morning finish.

Some early puma's had welded on wings if I remember rightly. Some others may have had some sort of sealant as well as the bolts. Don't quote me on this though as it was something I read a long time back!

As for the brake lines, it may be worth investigating HEL lines. I have a set and they are far pretty long!

Thanks Al :)

The Arch Bishop said:
Some early puma's had welded on wings if I remember rightly. Some others may have had some sort of sealant as well as the bolts. Don't quote me on this though as it was something I read a long time back!

As for the brake lines, it may be worth investigating HEL lines. I have a set and they are far pretty long!

I think I read the same post re wings on here while I was investigating it. Will come back to that problem later. Need these quarters painted so I can at least rebuild the back end of it. My bedroom has turned into part storage and I can't bloody move for bits.

I have spoken to the company that made my pink lines and they are going to make some custom length ones for me. They're on holiday for the next two weeks though..! I've put some standard hoses on the front and cut off the metal fixing bracket. There's enough movement in them and they're not catching. Hopefully they'll get it through an MOT.

I have three hub washer things (the ones that go behind the hub nut). I do not know if I'm missing one, of if i have an extra one.

MOT booked for Wednesday afternoon.

The ABS fault alone will fail it, but I need diagnostics to investigate it so will have to suck it up. Predicting many other fails/advisories.. Not sure on what exactly - just have a bad feeling! Car has given me so much hassle since I bought it that I feel this will be no different.

She's far from the bonniest cat on the road (bodywork is a shambles) but I'll try to get some pics up at the weekend.

Edit: Think the deer I hit caused a bit more front end bending that it easily visible to the eye - when I put the bumper etc back on there was a lot of pushing/pulling/bending to my will involved. Nothing quite lines up right. Ugh.. Just need to get it through MOT.. Fix garage roof.. Buy another puma...

All four studs on the driver's side front hub sheared and a wheel came off while I was driving. Thankfully we were only doing about 10mph.

Pics tomorrow.

:'(

Latest posts

Back