Daily Drive 1.7 (Latest update pic heavy..!)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few pics from Puma's first day out yesterday since around September time.

:(

Suspect wheel nuts had backed off.. When the wheel jumped off the hub it just wrecked the studs. Lesson learnt.

On the plus side, the accident ripped off that wing for me, which I was unable to remove do to the silly weld on it. At least I can get the inside of this arch refurbed like the rest of them.

ArtfulHussy said:
On the plus side, the accident ripped off that wing for me, which I was unable to remove do to the silly weld on it. At least I can get the inside of this arch refurbed like the rest of them.

:lol:

Glad you're okay and seeing the positives :)

Looks unpleasant, can't have been fun :(

Once was driving as the wheel passed me from a vectra driving in opposite direction. I was doing 40 kph, the wheel probbaly 50 kph in opposite direction! Lucky escape!

You were fortunate that your wheel didn't hit anyone!

Of course, glad you are OK...

Yeah, we were only doing about 10mph at the time on a country road, so no one else around. The wheel has some nasty scratches on the inside and will need balancing again as some of the weights came off. Just one superficial scratch on the front though. Tyre is also fine, thankfully. It rolled across the road and landed on a grassy verge. Clever wheel. :)

My biggest peev at the moment is replacing the disc. It's got a few chips on the bottom where it decked on the road. The discs have done less than 10 miles so I don't really want to buy a pair at the price they cost.

Studs I can get hold of easy enough and there's plenty garages will fit 'em for me.

Studs on the way.
Wing procured. (although it is scratched to bits :roll: )
New washer fluid procured.

Although I do wonder if Puma actually *wants* to live sometimes...

Fixed it! MOT booked again (and with a different garage) for Friday morning. Will clean it beforehand - still haven't rubbed off the scrappies scribbles.

Also will need to clean this:

:crazy:

Oh my God.

The drive to the mot was stressful. The NSF brake is binding on solid, poor car was working overtime to shift it. I had to stop every few miles to let the brake cool because of the unbelievable whining. I was expecting it to grab on, in fairness. When I assembled everything in the first instance it was almost like the disc and pads were too fat for the caliper (which was wound right back before putting it on).

I will also need to try backing off the damping on the struts.

I am expecting lots of bad news from the garage. :(

Edit 3pm - Still haven't heard from garage. :'(

Skippy said:
Any news?

Aye she passed. :) Two advisories - dangerous oil leak (from pretty much everywhere) and something else I can't remember.

Unfortunately she's still not really road-fit. I need to rebuild a caliper (new piston received yesterday) and her tracking is way out, but because I've apparently "lowered it so much" I need to take it to my local performace car garage to get them to set it up for me. It's booked in for Friday. She also desperately needs a damn good service. I've taken a week off at the start of May to spend some more time on it.

Also I can't actually get it out of my driveway without the rear suspension slamming and dragging the wheels through the arch (unless I have them super stiff).. Not the cars fault. My driveway is basically a farm track that has been wrecked by farm vehicles. I will be trying to fill in all the holes and stuff and getting some boards out..

To-do List (for now, at least. baby steps!):

Rebuild Caliper
Tracking Done
Full Service
Strut Braces all round
New front bumper (and bending/bashing as appropriate to sort out the squint bits of chassis) and possibly drivers door
Investigate my dodgy headlights - one of them the motor seems to run all the time, but the whole unit was just replaced and the problem hasn't disappeared
Clean throttle body, adjust cable, give pedal a lookie

On the bright side, Lots of jobs to keep you busy! I was running out of jobs for mine, but I'm spotting more subtle but difficult and expensive things to do now.

Dropped Puma off at garage tonight. Stiffened up the rear struts a little again, though not as much as before. I need to adjust the seat height on the rear struts as they are not equal both sides. Managed to get it out the driveway without bottoming out the rear though. I need to follow a very specific route to get out successfully..

I'll second that. How much?!!!!
Is that for checking the whole car is square as well or just the front end? You seem to have so much bad luck with this car. I hope it improves soon.
Barry

That was checking the whole car. I knew it wouldn't be cheap because its a "performance car" garage, but i really did not expect that.

Seems like an epic struggle so far with this one, all credit to you for hanging on in there, Puma will (eventually, maybe) love you for it :grin:

BTW love those calipers, great colour :grin:

Latest posts

Back