Daily Drive 1.7 (Latest update pic heavy..!)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welp, I decided to change Puma's sparks today and discovered that three of them were sitting in a pool of oil (one of the was bone dry, very odd). While I was there I thought I might as well change the rocker gasket, as I knew it was weeping oil.

It was EVERYWHERE. Surprised there's any oil left in the sump. :roll:

Still. New plugs, new gasket. Can tick a couple jobs off my every-growing and endless list. Pics will follow on Monday!

Half cleaned..

Old vs new.

Pics added. :D
I haven't attempted turning it on yet. Will see about taking it out for a test drive this evening. I haven't put my foot down since it went back on the road so I might give it a little push tonight.

Opened Puma's throttle right up last night..

And it got stuck there. :shock:

I managed to unstick it, but we are half-throttle until I investigate further...

Not done massive amounts of work since it went back on the road, but attacked it over the last two weeks and took lots of picture. :D

Stripped out the AC pipework as far as the bulkhead (assuming I'll need to remove the dash to get to the rest of it) and removed the pump. I did pick up a new pas pump, pulley + belt but after sitting with them in my hand for about half an hour trying to figure out what to do with them I opted for another method..

This is half of the AC housing, which I split open and ripped out the insides (and had lots of fun playing with for a good while). I took it to a workshop across the road from work and the very helpful boys in there threw a plate over the end for me. It is completely hollow now, just acting as an idler. I threw a lick of paint on it and fitted exactly where it came off, meaning no fannying about with relocating pumps or pulleys, and the belt assembly remains exactly the same. So easy even I managed to do it!

So far it appears to be working perfectly.

Eventually got round to painting my calipers again with the new paint I got (courtesy of BigAl who pointed me in the direction of the supplier), which is brighter than the first colour

Also painting anything else that was metal that I could easily remove..

Also cleaned the inside of the TB, which seems to have improved my sticky throttle problem.
(Half/half shot..)

General tidy up in and around the engine bay..

Finally got this last arch scrubbed and painted like the other three..!

The pipe that was constantly leaking coolant.. No after photo, but I had to spend a good 20mins+ scrapping it with a tiny screwdriver to get the gunk off (was about 5mm thick! :shock: ) There was one round the back of the engine in a similar condition - also sorted. Replaced all the gadsy spring clips with appropriately sizes stainless steel jubilees.

The reason I need sills and A LOT of welding...

Absolutely devastated.

Got a wing from dismantlers which really needed some touching up..

Photo aint great but you can see scratches at the front - it was like this all over.

Wheels REALLY needed a refurb... This was the worst one, thanks to the appalling condition of my driveway.

Heartbreaking...

And more pink paint!

And while I was at it did my wing mirrors. Black roof is on the cards as well (although will wrap that) as are rear window tints and black sunstrip.

New air filter + cabin filter, both were black.

I also took off the bottom of the sump (which has had a jack put through it at some point and been welded up, no pics of this though and I've canned it now. Drained the oil first obviously :p It was properly HOACHING. Dear god I was about throwing up, never smelled used oil like it in my life. New filter and sump (painted white..) on now though. Do have the bigger top half of the sump in white as well but could not be hooped with that.

New bumper to fix her grin. Panel gap isn't fantastic but she's a little twisted at the front. I'll keep trying to straighten her up over time.

Working on pulling the inner corners of the headlights out as well as she looks cross-eyed (should change her name to Clarance..)

And that's pretty much it for now. Gonna give her a bath tonight because she's covered in dust still from the weekend. Hope I haven't bored you too much. :p

Vivid purple metallic from an eBay shop. Search this number on eBay 161346265528. They have loads of colours, spoilt for choice!

Weeeeell puma sat in the garage for well over a year, barely held together with only half her nuts and bolts. Today was the day I finally got around to trying to move her out of the garage. For aaaaages she just clicked and clicked, gave the starter motor a few taps, rocked her back and forth, cajoled and pleaded with her..

And then she roared into life!! :thumbs: honestly had to stop myself from crying. She was supposed to be getting scrapped (extremely reluctantly) but now she has to stay. I just can't part with this car, feel like I've been through too much with it.

I have no idea what lies ahead for her or when I'll be able to start work as I'm going to get Reggie roadworthy again first but Puma stays. End of.

Latest posts

Back