Dales Joint Meet - Saturday 15th March

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dal

Administrator
Staff member
I am delighted to say that we have been invited to attend a joint meet by Paul (Mort666) over on Pumapeople. :eek:k:

This is a copy of Paul's post for dates / times / locations.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul - Mort666 on Pumapeople said:
Hello all,

Seen as the date has been set for this I thought I would put up some more information for those of you who can make it...

The plan is as follows:

Meet around 12:00 (Mid day) on Saturday 15th March here:

Castlewood

Address:
Carter Lane East
South Normanton
Alfreton
DE55 2EH

This is just off junction 28 of the M1 motorway on the A38 heading towards Mansfield. See below for a couple of rough maps:

Map1
map1.jpg

Map2
map2.jpg

For some reason all of the online maps (and possible GPS) take you to the opposite side of carter lane (Left as you drive down it), but the actual location as as per the maps.

UPDATE with it being mid-march, i'll forget the picnic idea and leave a bit of time for people to grab a quick bite to eat if required in the pub. Aim to set off away on the drive around 1:30 (I think 1 1/2 hours should be enough for a bite to eat anyway). We are going to have a cake sale thingy at one of the stops to raise some money for macmillan cancer support so either make some goodies to bring along or bring plenty of cash to buy loads

I'm fine tuning the drive, but it would be a 100 mile (approx.) round trip on some of my favoutire driving/biking roads, ending up back at the starting point.

Then anyone who is not staying can make their way home (nice easy access for M1). The plan for the evening is just a relaxed end to the day. Meal in the pub about 8-9ish (so perhaps a picnic earlier is better), and then drinking till either:

a. they call last orders then chuck us out (around midnight)
b. you wimp out and call it a night
c. you drink yourself silly and pass out
d. you are me and have to leave to get the taxi home

There should be time for people to get showered and changed before the meal

there is a travel inn right at this location, link below:

http://www.premierinn.com/pti/hotelInfo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... elId=23898

or within a couple of minutes staggering distance there is a posher, more expensive (about an extra £20-30) mariott hotel:

http://www.marriott.co.uk/Channels/hote" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ham-hotel/

The morning will then be breakfast, final idle banter, then making your way back home. I'll probably nip over and see people/say goodbyes/get any juicy gossip etc. early on too.

I've done this sort of format with some biking friends for the last two years and it seems to work out OK and keep most people relatively happy

I decided to start the list of attendees from when I'd mentioned the dates for the first time.

Attendees:

Me (Paul)
Matt & Jessie - possible
Crystalpuma
PussCat & Dunk
pumanurse & pumasparky
Angelbabes34
Midnight Blue - weather permitting
fizmo100 - possible
BenF
Vickydink (& Kev?) - possible
Neil +1
Julie36
girlracer & Mr. girlracer
Butlinsbabe - possible
BOK
dai - possible
anne clarke
tomhlaing - possible
tconway - possible
steve bpc
springfire (+1 ;) )

Maps/route plan to follow at some point

Finally if anyone would like a copy of the route plan mailing to them in advance, PM me your e-mail addy and I'll try to remember to get one out to you when they are finished. I will bring plenty along on the day though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm in contact with Paul via email and phone, so it should all go off smoothly. If you would like to attend (and your not already on the list), then please shout, and I'll update this list, as well as let Paul know for his list.

Can't wait.

:)

I will have to check this date due to the distance there and back plus the meet itself :p

Might a be convoy possible up to the venue?

(Vix - Up A1 to A14 to M1? Red - Down A1 to A14?)

A Brampton Hut starting point?

I'm swaying towards yes. I will have two different aliases though unless on PP I am put down as 'Red from the other site'

Put down both ID's and make it look like your going twice.

Brampton Hut sounds a good start :eek:k:

I just found out I am only 2 hours away (far less then expected) woooooooooo! Up for convoy too, oh yes!

I am leaving the meet at 5pmish though as have to get home for Polly :D

On second thoughts, a convoy that way makes my journey significantly longer (straight up M1 is far more direct) so I am not sure...

Ok then, we can meet at the Leicester Forest East Services on the M1, between junctions 21 & 21a. :eek:k: Say about 10:30 as it's still about 50 mins to the meet point, and we don't want to be late. ;)

Just as a quick update (I knew something would change after I sent the info to Darren lol) I've just posted this on the 'other site' :D

Just to let you know I've added another small update to the info thread. Yvonne sent me a link to an alternative charity to macmillan which looks like a good cause to support. I have contacted them to let them know we are planning the cake sale thing as part fo the meet and they should be sending me a collection tin for the day.

They have also said that their PR guy might like to feature the day on their website, so we might need someone who is good with the camera (hint hint Ben) to get lots of snaps of people cakes and cars :)

I've put a link to the charity on the info thread :)

For those of you who do not have access to the info thread on PP, the link to the charity's website is http://www.willowfoundation.org.uk/home.shtml

The Willow Foundation Charity looks like a great one to support. Good choice Paul.

:eek:k:

I'm sure Ben or Pat will be up for the photographers job, but I'll have my DSLR to hand if need be ;)

Cherie said:
Ok then, we can meet at the Leicester Forest East Services on the M1, between junctions 21 & 21a. :eek:k: Say about 10:30 as it's still about 50 mins to the meet point, and we don't want to be late. ;)

Aww thanks honey!

ok if i do go it will be by about 5pm on the satday just for the meal and night out?? Havnt managed to get the Saturday off...if my car doesnt keep playing up anyway :(

Link below from Leicester Forest East Services on the M1 to meet point for those meeting us there.
Less than an hour, so meeting there at about 10.30-11am to get to joint meet point proper at 12 noon.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&hl=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 94763&z=10

Postcode to Leicester Forest East Services is : LE3 3GB.
Postcode to Joint meet point is : DE55 2EH

For those who're coming up the M1, there are some closures that may affect the route to the meet point, thinking of Vix mainly.

Highways agency release

While the existing bridge at junction 8 is safely demolished the M1 will then be fully closed to drivers between junctions 8 (Hemel Hempstead) and 9 (Redbourn) from 8pm on Saturday 15 March to 2pm on Sunday 16 March.

There will be fully signed diversion routes in place for the full closures of the A414 and the M1 between junctions 8 and 9. However road users are advised to seek alternative routes or leave extra time for their journeys as long delays are expected. Work to put on and remove the traffic management (roadworks) for the full motorway closure is likely to affect M1 traffic one hour before and one hour after the full closure.

Back