Dee`s Thunder

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deejames

Hi, not really a project as such - but was n`t sure where to post.

The plan is to just keep in nice and improve the condition, i`ve done the HCV and the arches are being sorted as we speak - i pick her up at the weekend. Anyway here`s a couple of pics from when i bought her.

puma2.jpg

puma.jpg

sorry the pictures are crap - i`ll take some better ones when the arches are done

Hi, just post some updates occasionally and it will soon turn into a project! Have a real soft spot for the Thunders, love the wheels and leather seats! your car is looking tidy, like the way the head unit matches the interior! :eek:k:

thanks Guys!

i`m picking her up on saturday so i`ll take some good pictures once i`ve given her a good clean :)

morning all,

still needs a good clean but looking great now the arches and paint is done, just a couple of pictures from the phone to share. Next job is a service and maybe the MAF mods i`ve read about and a k&n or similar then maybe lower her a bit . . . .

Redbridge-20110911-00237.jpg

Redbridge-20110911-00234.jpg

Zara said:
Looks very nice there mate :eek:k:

thanks Zara :grin: - the gap between the tire and arch at the back is starting to really bug me now so the whole keep it standard thing may well go out the window . . .

The gap looks fine to me, I know what you mean though I planned to keep mine standard but that is slowly slipping out of the window :grin: I have similar wheels on lowered suspension if you want to get an idea what your would look like:

007 by slayllian1, on Flickr

slayllian said:
The gap looks fine to me, I know what you mean though I planned to keep mine standard but that is slowly slipping out of the window :grin: I have similar wheels on lowered suspension if you want to get an idea what your would look like?

it was looking at your thread that made me think of lowering mine - it sits really nice :thumbs:

Thanks :eek:k: its just sitting on standard shocks with lowering springs at the moment, I think its the Eibach kit. I do plan on replacing the lot with coilovers though at some point as one of the socks is shot and the rest look a little decrepit!

slayllian said:
The gap looks fine to me, I know what you mean though I planned to keep mine standard but that is slowly slipping out of the window :grin: I have similar wheels on lowered suspension if you want to get an idea what your would look like:

007 by slayllian1, on Flickr

looks so much better - thats exactly how i want mine, is it lowered front and back and by how much?

Yeah front and back, I think its in the region of 30mm, but it was like this when I got it so not 100% sure :?

slayllian said:
Yeah front and back, I think its in the region of 30mm, but it was like this when I got it so not 100% sure :?

thanks for that - really nice car you have there :thumbs:

i actualy got round to giving the Puma a good clean over the weekend :grin:

IMG-20111001-00248.jpg

IMG-20111001-00244.jpg

IMG-20111001-00246.jpg

IMG-20111001-00242.jpg

thats not me in the drivers seat BTW . . .

looking good! maybe lowering it about 35mm would make it sit nicer though mate... ;)

I do find the standard 15 inch wheels with standard suspension set up do it no favours, looks wise lol!! :lol:

Zara said:
looking good! maybe lowering it about 35mm would make it sit nicer though mate... ;)

I do find the standard 15 inch wheels with standard suspension set up do it no favours, looks wise lol!! :lol:

i know what you mean Zara, i`m thinking of dropping it 30mm or so - it will look so much better

Cars looking good! Think you should keep the wheels, just lower it. Paint works really nice btw

Latest posts

Back